MQI are currently seeking to recruit a Part time Addiction Counsellor for the Irish Prison Service to work in the Mountjoy campus.
The ideal candidate for this post will have:
- Two years experience in a paid full time capacity, or equivalent part time, in an addiction service or similar setting.
- Accredited counsellor with ACI, IACP or equivalent body.
- A relevant third level qualification in the area of addiction studies or social care.
- An excellent understanding of issues relating to problem drug use, criminal offending, homelessness, dual-diagnosis and progression pathways towards community based rehab, housing and training services.
- Capacity to develop constructive relationships with clients & team.
- Capacity to work on own initiative and as part of team.
- Capacity to develop positive relationships with internal and external agencies.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point and experience of using a database.
- Experience of developing and delivering workshops and seminars.
- Experience and skills in the referral process and assessment of clients with addiction and associated needs.
- Experience and skills in developing Care Plans.
- To be approved by the IPS Security Clearance process which can take 4 months + to complete.
Location: Mountjoy Campus, Dublin
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract to October 1st 2019
Hours: 23.4 hours per week
Salary Scale: €20,362.2 – €24,826.2 per annum
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form attached to this ad and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your up to date CV attached by 5pm on Friday 29th March 2019 Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Part time IPS Counsellor Mountjoy Campus – R020602’.
Applications that do not have this title may fail to be shortlisted.
Please see below link to the Employment Application Form.