MQI is currently seeking to recruit a Drugs and Alcohol Project Worker.
The ideal candidate for this post will have:
Qualifications & Experience
• Have a relevant qualification (minimum Level 7 or equivalent) e.g. social care, addiction, nursing,
community or youth work together with qualification/training in Motivational Interviewing (MI),
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Relapse Prevention.
• Have a minimum of 2 years relevant employed work experience in addiction, community
development, health & social care, education or related fields including experience of crisis support,
key working, case management and group facilitation
• Have an understanding of the current National Drugs Strategy, Substance Misuse Strategy, National
Drug Rehabilitation Framework, logic model reporting, QUADS and/or Safer Better Healthcare (SBHC)
• Additional Training Desirable: CRA/CRAFT
• Access to own transport with a full clean driver’s licence is required for this role.
Job Title: Drug & Alcohol Project Worker, Midlands Service
Report to: Service Co-ordinator
Objective: To effectively deliver services pertaining to the Provision of a
Community based Drug & Alcohol treatment support, family
support, harm reduction, rehabilitation and aftercare service for
individuals over 18 years and their families for the Midlands area
i.e. Longford, Westmeath, Laois & Offaly
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
Location: Working between Offaly & Portlaoise – Including Open Access
Hours: 39 hours per week
If you are interested in this exciting role, please send your CV and completed application form to
firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Friday 29th March 2019 putting in the subject box ‘Drugs and
Alcohol Project Worker – Offaly & Portlaoise – Reference No: D121822
Applications not labelled correctly may fail to be shortlisted. Please find attached a full job description and application form.
Please see below link to the Employment Application Form.