MQI wishes to appoint a Full Time Project Worker at our OAS, Riverbank as follows:
Reporting to the Service Coordinator the objective of this role is: To work directly with clients as part of a team and to provide a safe, secure environment for clients.
There are numerous service and client activities, which result in several different roles and responsibilities within the service, including outreach work. You will be required to undertake the relevant role that is assigned to you to meet MQI’s operational requirements.
This is a Contract of Indefinite Duration, starting in November 2022, based on 39 hours ( Mon to Sunday), 7am to 9pm and attracting a starting salary of €31,290.00 pa .
- Ensure that operation of the service is run smoothly and in accordance with organisation procedure
- To meet the needs of the client group including, one to one key work interventions, assisting with issues around sensitive disclosures, delivering sanctions and assisting with referrals to those deemed suitable for interventions.
- To monitor showers and toilet area where necessary
- To engage in Outreach Work when required
- Work with all clients and win their trust and respect and deal with difficult or problematic situations in a sensitive manner within the framework of the organisation’s policies and record such incidents as appropriate.
- Carry out administrative procedures in accordance with organisation policies.
- To be involved in the preparation of reports, statistics and other information that may be required by the Open Access Service Coordinators
- To work effectively as a member of a team
- To share responsibility for supporting volunteers
- Attend internal/external meetings and training as required by the Open Access Service Coordinators.
- Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
- To work as part of the team with regular and consistent communication participating actively in all team meetings and supporting the ethos.
- Engage with other team members, support colleagues, participate in meetings as required, and be open to reasonable requests from any member of management team in order to ensure effective working relationships.
- Work within the policies of MQI, both organisation wide and project specific in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards is adhered to in the project.
- Share responsibility to work cohesively where applicable with relief staff and Volunteers for the delivery of this service and to act as a mentor to those who are volunteering in the service
- Participate in regular supervision
- Reporting to the Service Coordinator/ Lead Project Worker for individual support, supervision, performance appraisal working within the parameters of the MQI Policies, the National Standards for Better Safer Healthcare, Rebuilding Ireland, HR and H&S policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with organisation policies to ensure consistent delivery of services and maintenance of quality standards including:
- Health and Safety
- Needs assessment, key working, care planning
- the National Standards for Better Safer Healthcare and Rebuilding Ireland
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The ideal candidate for this post will have:
- Relevant QQI third level 7 or above qualification in social Care.
- At least 1 year’s full time experience of working within low threshold environment or relevant social care settings.
- Have an understanding of the issues relating to alcohol and drug use/homelessness and mental health, and experience of client work in these areas, and the interventions required
- Good Knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and practice regarding homelessness and/or drug use.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of Key working and care planning an advantage
- Experience of working with clients with multiple needs
- Experience of working with homeless specific databases and reporting.
Management reserves the right to amend or change this job description as required
What does Merchants Quay Ireland offer as an employer?
- Fulfilling and Challenging work
- Competitive Salaries
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Minimum 23 days Annual Leave
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
- Death In Service (from commencement of employment)
- Line Management Supervision
- Learning and Development Programme
- Group VHI Scheme
- Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
- Educational Assistance (Study and Examination Leave, Scholarship Foundation)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programme
The working hours for this position will be between 7am and 9.00pm, 39 hours per week Monday to Sunday.
Salary: €31,290.00 – €39,84000
Hours: 39 hrs per week shift rota 07.00am – 9.00pm Monday to Sunday
Location: Open Access Service, Merchants Quay, Dublin 8.
Closing date: Recruitment ongoing until the 30th November 2022
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form attached to this advertisement and send with an updated copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure to include ‘Application for Full Time Project Worker ref OAS042022’ in the subject line of your email.
Applications not labelled correctly may fail to be shortlisted.
MQI is an equal opportunities employer
All roles within MQI are subject to Garda Vetting