MQI wishes to appoint a Full Time Project Worker at our OAS, Riverbank as follows:
Reporting to the Service Coordinator the objective of this role is: To work directly with clients as part of a team and to provide a safe, secure environment for clients.
There are numerous service and client activities, which result in several different roles and responsibilities within the service, including outreach work. You will be required to undertake the relevant role that is assigned to you to meet MQI’s operational requirements.
This is a Contract of Indefinite Duration, starting in July 2022, based on 39 hours ( Mon to Friday), 8am to 9pm and attracting a starting salary of €31,290.00 pa .
• Ensure that operation of the service is run smoothly and in accordance with organisation
• To meet the needs of the client group including, one to one key work interventions, assisting with
issues around sensitive disclosures, delivering sanctions and assisting with referrals to those deemed
suitable for interventions.
• To monitor showers and toilet area where necessary
• To engage in Outreach Work when required
• Work with all clients and win their trust and respect and deal with difficult or problematic
situations in a sensitive manner within the framework of the organisation’s policies and record such
incidents as appropriate.
• Carry out administrative procedures in accordance with organisation policies.
• To be involved in the preparation of reports, statistics and other information that may be required
by the Open Access Head of Day Services/Day Services Manager/Service Coordinators
• To work effectively as a member of a team
• To share responsibility for supporting volunteers
• Attend internal/external meetings and training as required by the Open Access Service
• Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and
review of best practice.
• To work as part of the team with regular and consistent communication participating actively in all
team meetings and supporting the ethos.
• Engage with other team members, support colleagues, participate in meetings as required, and be
open to reasonable requests from the Open Access Head of Day Services/Day Services
Manager/Service Coordinators in order to ensure effective working relationships.
• Work within the policies of MQI, both organisation wide and project specific in order to ensure
that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards is adhered to in the project.
• Share responsibility to work cohesively where applicable with relief staff and Volunteers for the delivery of this service and to act as a mentor to those who are volunteering in the service
• Participate in regular supervision
• Reporting to the Service Coordinator/ Lead Project Worker for individual support, supervision, performance appraisal working within the parameters of the MQI Policies, the National Standards for Better Safer Healthcare, Rebuilding Ireland, HR and H&S policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance with organisation policies to ensure consistent delivery of services and maintenance of quality standards including:
• Health and Safety
• Needs assessment, key working, care planning
• the National Standards for Better Safer Healthcare and Rebuilding Ireland
• Undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Please see the detailed job specification attached, the Person Specification is set out below, for your convenience:
The ideal candidate for this post will have:
- Relevant QQI third level 7 or above qualification in social Care and at least 1 year’s full time or equivalent experience of working within low threshold services.
- Have an understanding of the issues relating to alcohol and drug use/homelessness and mental health, and experience of client work in these areas, and the interventions required
- Good Knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and practice regarding homelessness and/or drug use.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of Key working and care planning an advantage
- Experience of working with clients with multiple needs
- Experience of working with homeless specific databases and reporting.
Management reserves the right to amend or change this job description as required
Duration: Contract of Indefinite .
Hours: 39 hrs per week shift rota 08.00am – 9.00pm Monday to Friday
Location: Open Access Service, Merchants Quay, Dublin 8.
Closing date: Recruitment ongoing until the 28th of July 2022
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form attached to this advertisement and send with an updated copy of your CV to email@example.com. Before 5pm, 9th of September 2022. Please ensure to include ‘Application for Full Time, Project Worker in OAS’ in the subject line of your email.
Applications not labelled correctly may fail to be shortlisted.
MQI is an equal opportunities employer
All roles within MQI are subject to Garda Vetting