Job Title: Clinical Lead – Saint Francis Farm (SFF) Detox – C0051
Responsible to: Executive team through the CNM Clinical Services
Responsible for: The direct delivery of services to clients in the St Francis Farm Detox Programmes
Reports to: CNM Clinical Services
Objective: To effectively deliver services pertaining to the St Francis Farm Residential Detox Programme and in doing so to uphold the philosophy and working ethos of Merchants Quay Ireland.
- To provide support, line management supervision and performance appraisal to all staff including the nursing, CE, volunteers & project workers at the detox unit as agreed with the Clinical Services CNM & the Head of Operations – clinical services.
- To provide supervision to the nursing staff at the detox unit in accordance with best practice and nursing standards.
- To liaise through the CNM Recovery Services with the detox service’s prescribing GP
- To ensure nursing staff work within their scope of practice and competence as set out by The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
- To ensure that clinical work experience and student placements are supported and supervised as needed.
- Monitor and support staffs case management ensuring that all relevant documentation is completed, and that links are being made with the appropriate internal and external services, while ensuring that a consistently high standard of care plans, key working, assessments, and referrals are being carried out in line with the aims of the service.
- To assist in developing and delivering a relevant in-depth induction programme for each member of staff
- To assess the training and development needs of the staff that you supervise and to input to the annual training plan to be agreed with the CNM Clinical Services.
- To assist in the recruitment and interviewing of staff and volunteers in conjunction with your line manager where appropriate
- To work with the HR Department is dealing with any staff issues or other HR related issues.
- To assist in the development of full and part-time volunteers in the delivery of the detox service
- To support the staff team in how to work with and support volunteer workers
- To oversee / facilitate the supervision of volunteers
2.0 Service Delivery
- Building supportive relationships across the services based in St. Francis Farm
- To ensure that the practical needs of the service users are met, in consultation with the services users and with the support of the staff team.
- To assist in the establishment and maintenance of relevant working relationships with agencies operating in the local community that will assist in the support of our service users.
- To develop links with appropriate statutory and voluntary agencies in order to ensure access to services for the client group using the services
- To ensure that assessments are carried out and individual care plans are devised and regularly reviewed by the staff in consultation and agreement with the service users of the detox unit.
- To regularly engage with and build a professional relationship with service users treating them with dignity and respect and ensure that values of MQI are upheld.
- To, when and wherever necessary or possible, involve and include service users in the ongoing development of the service and to have their participation built into service plans when feasible and in accordance with St. Francis Farm Service User Involvement Policy.
- To provide a high standard of service ensuring client satisfaction as it pertains to MQI and its Charter of Rights including a prompt resolution to complaints within a specific time frame.
- To identify client needs and in collaboration with the CNM & Head of Residential & Counselling Services to develop and implement therapeutic programmes in response to those needs.
- To ensure that the Detox Residents Forums are convened on a regular basis and that appropriate records are maintained in relation to suggestions made and decisions and actions undertaken in response.
- To undertake an ongoing review/assessment of care plans ensuring that weekly consultations with clients are taking place and those actions are being followed up in partnership with the client and updated on the Tomis system.
- To oversee the treatment and activity programme delivered at the detox unit.
- To ensure there is adequate cover on the detox staff rota at all times and cover shift(s) where necessary
- To ensure a safe and secure environment and maintain high standards of care for staff and clients alike.
- To participate in service reviews and evaluations and to implement any changes arising from such work.
- To ensure the maintenance of appropriate records of work and statistics by all staff and to regularly monitor updating of the MQI’s Treatment Outcome Monitoring & Information System (TOMIS) by staff
- To be responsible for the implementation of practice standards within the service in a manner that reflects the policy, procedure and ethos of MQI.
3.0 The Buildings
- To ensure that Health and Safety standards are met within the service in accordance with MQI’s health and safety policy and in accordance with the Safety Statement of the project
- To ensure that required building and work practice risk assessments are carried out and they necessary corrective action/risk reduction action plans are put in place. To regularly review the risk assessments.
- To be responsible for ensuring the maintenance and repair of the equipment, furnishings, and fabric of the property to a high standard and initiating the necessary repairs that may be required.
5.0 Team Work
- To work as part of a team with regular and consistent communication participating actively in all team meetings and supporting the ethos.
- To encourage a creative approach to working within the team and to support the development of a challenging, dynamic team
- To ensure that the team works to a high standard in carrying out its agreed brief and tasks
- To ensure that policy decisions are carried through by all staff
- To ensure that an effective team approach is maintained
- Produce standard monthly and quarterly reports for the CNM of Clinical Services and to compile any ad hoc information requests relating to the detox service which might be required by the Executive.
- To ensure that appropriate recording is carried out that will ensure that statistics are collated on a regular basis, in conjunction with staff team
- To ensure that the SFF Detox Treatment Outcome Monitoring & Information System (TOMIS) is kept updated by all staff and to provide reports as needed by the CNM Clinical services.
- To ensure appropriate financial controls (e.g. client accounts) are maintained within the detox in consultation with the CNM Clinical Services.
- To comply with the CNM Clinical Services requirements in relation to all the appropriate reports for the service e.g, client files, daybooks, Incident reports etc.
- Ensure that recording systems and other filing systems are kept secure and up to date.
- General Responsibilities
- To ensure that Health and Safety standards are maintained in accordance with the H&S Statement of MQI and to attend the H&S Committee Meetings.
- To work with and under supervision and direction of the Clinical Services CNM.
- Manage the integration and delivery of all day-to-day operational functions of the detox service
- To be up to date on recent developments and quality standards in the delivery of services.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Services CNM & the Head of Operations Services, to continuously develop the role to ensure that all tasks are being undertaken in an effective and appropriate manner which meets the strategic aims and objectives of Merchant’s Quay Ireland.
- Reporting to the Clinical Services CNM for individual support, supervision, performance appraisal and working within the parameters of the MQI HR and H&S policies.
- To participate in internal/external meetings as required, and attend training events, and other functions as necessary
- To become familiar with and ensure that all MQI’s policies and procedures are being adhered to, particularly those relating to Health & Safety, HR, Confidentiality, Boundaries and Staff Code of Conduct.
- To at all times undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high-quality standard of work and to always work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of Merchant’s Quay Ireland.
- To have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development, and review of best practice.
- To assist with any other duties which the Clinical Services CNM & the Head of Clinical Operations might reasonably request.
The ideal candidate for this post must have:
- Registered nurse with An Bord Altranais
- A minimum of 2 years at supervisory level – an advantage but not essential
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience in a paid full time capacity or part time equivalent.
- Experience of drug treatment an advantage but full training will be given.
- A relevant qualification in the area of addiction studies / mental health would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in IT including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and a good knowledge of CRM system for reporting purposes.
- Good communication skills.
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the application form attached to this advertisement and send with an updated copy of your CV to email@example.com before the closing date of the 23rd of November 2022.
Please ensure to include ‘Application for Clinical Lead Nurse, Detox Unit, SFF – C0051’ in the subject line of your email. Applications not labelled correctly may fail to be shortlisted.
MQI reserves the right to review and amend this job description as appropriate.
This Position is subject to Garda Clearance