Clinical Nurse Manager 1 (CNM) – Riverbank
- To provide support, line management supervision and performance appraisal to all staff including the nursing, volunteers & project workers as the agreed with the Days Service Manager / Head of Services.
- To provide medical clinical supervision to the nursing staff in accordance with best practice and nursing standards.
- To liaise closely with the GP service operating from Riverbank and HSE Healthlink Services.
- To ensure nursing staff work within their scope of practice and competence as set out by An Bord Altranais.
- To ensure that work experience and student placements are supported and supervised as needed.
- To assist in developing and delivering a relevant in-depth induction programme for each member of staff
- To assess the training and development needs of the staff that you supervise and to input to the annual training plan to be agreed with the Day Service Manager/Head of Services.
- To assist in the recruitment and interviewing of staff and volunteers in conjunction with your line manager where appropriate
- To maintain appropriate staff records.
- To work with the HR Department is dealing with any staff issues or other HR related issues.
- To assist the Day Service Manager/Head of Services in the ongoing development of appropriate staffing structures and service policies and procedures to enable a high-quality service delivery for service users.
- To monitor and support staff with their case management ensuring that all relevant documentation is completed, and that links are being made with the appropriate internal and external services, while ensuring that a consistently high standard of assessments, care plans, key working and referrals are being carried out in line with the aims of the service
2.0 Service Delivery
- To take operational responsibility for service(s) within Open Access as assigned by the Day Services Manager – with specific input to Health and Harm Reduction Service
- To ensure that the practical needs of the clients are met, in consultation with the clients and with the support of the staff team
- To assist in the establishment and maintenance of relevant working relationships with agencies operating in the local community, including both statutory and voluntary agencies that will assist in the support of our clients in order to ensure access to services for the client group
- To ensure that assessments are carried out and support plans are devised and regularly reviewed by the staff in consultation and agreement with the clients
- To regularly engage with and build a professional relationship with clients treating them with dignity and respect and ensure that values of MQI are upheld in doing so
- When and wherever necessary involve clients in the ongoing development of the service and to have their participation built into service plans
- To provide a high standard of service ensuring client satisfaction as it pertains to MQI and its Charter of Rights including a prompt resolution to complaints within a specific time frame
- To identify client needs in collaboration with the Head of Day Services/Day Services Manager to develop and implement therapeutic programmes in response to their needs
- To undertake an ongoing review/assessment of care practices in response to client needs
- To support the service through participation in the staff on-call rota. This may include occasional night work
- To ensure there is adequate cover on the staff rota at all times and cover shift(s) where necessary
- To ensure a safe and secure environment and maintain high standards of care for staff and clients alike
- To participate in service reviews and evaluations and to implement any changes arising from such work
- To ensure the maintenance of appropriate records and statistics by all staff and to ensure management of the client database
- To be responsible for the development, implementation and recording of practice standards within the service in a manner that reflects the policy, procedure and ethos of MQI.
3.0 The Buildings
- To ensure that Health and Safety standards are met within the service in accordance with MQI’s health and safety policy and in accordance with the Safety Statement of the project
- To ensure that required building and work practice risk assessments are carried out and the necessary corrective action/risk reduction action plans are put in place. To regularly review these risk assessments with our health and safety team.
- To be responsible for ensuring the maintenance and repair of the equipment, furnishings and fabric of the property to a high standard and initiating the necessary repairs that may be required
- Produce standard monthly and quarterly reports for the Head of Day Services/Executive/Day Services Manager relating to funding agencies and to compile any ad hoc information requests relating to your service area which might be required by the Head of Day Services/Day Services Manager.
- To assist in the development of full and part-time volunteers in the delivery of services to clients
- To oversee the supervision of volunteers as required
6.0 Team Work
- To work as part of a team in adhering to Service Level Agreements with regular and consistent communication; participating actively in all team meetings and supporting the ethos of MQI
- To encourage a creative approach to working within the team and to support the development of a robust dynamic team
- To ensure that the team works to a high standard in carrying out its agreed brief and tasks
- To ensure that team meetings are arranged in addition to running team meetings and review days, in conjunction with the Head Day Services/Day Services Manager
- To implement service policy and procedures in conjunction with the team to ensure appropriate service delivery. Ensure relevant policy and procedures are reviewed regularly
- To ensure that policy decisions are carried through by all staff
- To ensure that an effective team approach is maintained
- Requirement for on-call on a rota basis and determined by the Service Manager.
- To ensure that appropriate paperwork is carried out that will ensure that statistics are collated on a regular basis in conjunction with staff team
- To carry financial duties and ensure appropriate financial controls and systems are maintained in consultation with the Head of Finance/Finance Manager and the Head of Day Services/Day Services Manager.
- To prepare all or part of the project monthly report for submission to the Head of Day Services
- To ensure that adequate record systems are developed and are maintained
- To write reports on the aspects of the service where necessary
8.0 General Responsibilities
- To communicate effectively in general and to maintain appropriate accountability to the Service Manager
- To ensure that Health and Safety standards are maintained in accordance with the H&S Statement of MQI and to attend the H&S Committee Meetings
- To work with and under the direction/Supervision of the Day Services Manager
- Manage the integration and delivery of all day to day operational functions of the services
- To be up to date on recent developments and best practice and quality standards in the delivery of services to clients
- In conjunction with your line manager to continuously develop the role to ensure that all tasks are being undertaken in an effective and appropriate manner which meets the strategic aims and objectives of Merchant’s Quay Ireland
- Reporting to the Day Services Manager for individual support, supervision, performance appraisal and working within the parameters of the MQI HR and H&S policies and procedures
- To attend meetings when required
- To comply with the Day Service Manager’s requirements in relation to all the appropriate paperwork for the service, such as, client files, daybooks, accident reports etc.
- Ensure the CRM system or other IT systems and other filing systems are kept up to date
- To participate in internal/external meetings as required, and attend training events, and other functions as necessary
- To become familiar with and ensure that all MQI’s policies and procedures are being adhered to, particularly those relating to Health & Safety, HR, Confidentiality Boundaries etc.
- To at all times undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high quality standard of work and to always work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of Merchant’s Quay Ireland
- To have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice
- To provide support to the Fundraising Team in relation to any events being held in Riverbank or in connection with Day Services
- To provide support across the spectrum of Day Services as required
- To assist with any other duties which the Head of Day Services/Day Services Manager might reasonably request.
Management reserve the right to review and amend it as appropriate.
The ideal candidate for this post must have:
- A relevant 3rd level qualification Nursing
- Minimum 3 years post registration experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a low threshold environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supervising and managing a team
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal, leadership and decision making skills
- Capacity to develop positive relationships with internal and external services and stakeholders
- Required to demonstrate ability to work under pressure and in an environment where clients have multiple complex needs and to demonstrate an understanding of the issues relating to homelessness, mental health and substance misuse
- A positive ‘can do’ outlook.
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication skills
- Be open to learning and implementing new practices and attitudes
- Be capable of working under their own initiative
- Be driven to improve the service and innovate at every opportunity
What does MQI Offer as an employer?
- Fulfilling and challenging work
- Competitive Salaries
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Minimum 26 days Annual Leave
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
- Death In Service (from commencement of employment)
- Line Management Supervision
- Learning and Development Programme
- Group VHI Scheme
- Paid Family Leave, where applicable (Maternity, Paternity, Parental, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
- Educational Assistance (Study and Examination Leave, Scholarship Foundation)
- Employee Assistance Programme(EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programme
The working hours for this position are 39 hours per week Monday to Friday. These hours will be worked between the of 8.00am – 6.00pm with a requirement to be available outside of these hours subject to Service demands.
The salary for this position is €44,400 DOE
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the application form attached and send to email@example.com with an updated copy of your CV before the closing date of Friday, 12th June 2020
Please ensure to put ‘Application for Services Coordinator Open Access ref OAS052002’ in the subject line of your email.
Applications that do not state the role in the subject line of the email may fail to be shortlisted.
Management reserve the right to review and amend this job description as appropriate.
This role is subject to Garda Vetting.
Merchants Quay Ireland is a an equal opportunities employer.