Cocaine Addiction and its effects
Merchants Quay Ireland is pleased to offer a workshop on Cocaine Addiction for those in the addiction field or related areas looking to expand and build upon their knowledge and competency base with this particular drug. The training will include learning in key areas such as the salt and base forms of cocaine, the history of cocaine, routes of transmission, cocaine and its effects, cocaine and harm reduction & tri-phasic abstinence patterns. In addition, the workshop will also explore primary health care in relation to cocaine use and examine interventions from other jurisdictions in terms of both efficacy and challenges. This training is for anyone with a serious interest in the area of substance use and who interacts in either a paid or voluntary capacity with people who have addiction issues.
Title: Cocaine Addiction—and its effects
Course facilitator: Peter Kelly, Merchants Quay Ireland, Training Officer
Venue: The Carmelite Center, 56 Aungier St, Dublin 2
Schedule: 1st August 2019, 10 a.m.—4 p.m.
Eligibility: This training is for anyone who interacts on either a paid or a voluntary capacity in the area of problem drug use /addiction and has an interest in both the conscious and unconscious factors that underpin cocaine use. CPD points are available for this training.
How to apply: Application form can be downloaded by clicking here. forms can be downloaded by clicking here. Please send completed applications to Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Closing date for receipt of application form is Thursday 18th July 2019.
More Information: For further information please contact Peter Kelly in Merchants Quay @ 01-5240936 and/or email: email@example.com.
- Have developed an understanding of both the recreational and dependent aspects of cocaine use and its manifestations
- Have gained an overview of both the history of cocaine and the Irish situation with regard to both prevalence and demographics.
- Explore both the physical and psychological effects of cocaine use and the ways that harm reduction strategies can be used to minimize harms
- Examine the effects of cocaine on the biochemical economy and its cumulative effects when used with other drugs
- Review the international evidence regarding treatment interventions, pharmacotherapies, CBT, holistic approaches