Objective: To effectively deliver services pertaining to the Provision of a Community Integration Project for the East Coast Regional Drugs and Alcohol Task Force.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Have a relevant qualification (minimum QQI Level 7 or equivalent) e.g. social care, addiction. Motivational Interviewing (MI) or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) qualifications are a distinct advantage
- Have a minimum of 2 years relevant employed work experience in addiction, community development, health & social care, education or related fields.
- Experience of key working, case management and group facilitation
- Have an understanding of the current National Drugs Strategy, Substance Misuse Strategy, National Drug Rehabilitation Framework, logic model reporting, QUADS and/or Safer Better Healthcare (SBHC) Standards
- As this is a mobile post candidates must have a full driver’s licence and access to a car.
- To oversee the support and supervision provided to volunteers and placements in the Midlands service.
- To work with the HR Department in relation to all HR processes including recruitment, performance management, disciplinary processes etc.
- Comply with all verification visits by funding agencies to support and participate in all audits and/or evaluations
- To comply with all requirements in relation to all the appropriate paperwork for the service such as client files, accident reports, service user complaints, minutes of meetings etc.
- To communicate effectively and to maintain appropriate accountability to the Service Co-Ordinator/ Head of Day Service
- Keep up to date with developments in the midland region
- Attend and participate in relevant committees as advised by the Service Co-Ordinator
- In conjunction with the Service Co-Ordinator to continuously develop the role to ensure that all aspects of the service are managed effectively and in line with service requirements
- To become familiar with and ensure that all MQI’s policies and procedures are being adhered to particularly those relating to Health & Safety, HR, Confidentiality, Boundaries and staff code of conduct etc.
- Compile and report on complaints and compliments received as required
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Service Co-Ordinator/Head of Day Service and his/her nominee.
Salary: €30,360 – €37,800 pro rata
Type of Contract: 6 months FTC ( this may be extended subject to funding)
Hours: 39 hours
Days: Monday to Friday
Location: Mobile Role – ECRDATF area
If you are interested in applying for this position please send completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated copy of your CV before the closing date at 5pm 23rd of October 2019. Please ensure to put ‘Application for Community Integration Worker’ ref OAS081903 in the subject line of your email. Applications that do not state the role in the subject line of the email may fail to be shortlisted.