Merchants Quay Ireland wishes to recruit a Community Integration Worker for the East Coast Regional Drugs & Alcohol Taskforce / CRIS Service
Job Title: Community Integration Worker, East Coast Regional Drugs & Alcohol Task Force
Reports to: Service Co-ordinator
Objective: To effectively deliver services pertaining to the Provision of a Community Integration Project for the East Coast Regional Drugs and Alcohol Task Force.
Hours: 39 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Contract: Fixed-Term Contract to 31 December2022
Salary Scale: €30,360 – €37,800 (39 hrs per week) DOE
Location: Mobile Role – ECRDATF area.
• To target, engage and establish a relationship with local drug and/or alcohol users with a view to setting up a care-planning and key-working relationship
• Carry out comprehensive initial assessments with clients to establish their support needs
• To appropriately risk assess and engage in one-to-one/lone working where appropriate
• Provide psycho-social support for persons leaving drug and/or alcohol treatment services or released from prison or moving from one point on the continuum of care to another
• Arranging regular one to one meetings with clients, creating and reviewing care plans, setting, closing and revising goals where appropriate
• Have an individual integrated care plan which is based on a comprehensive assessment of client needs, with appropriate treatment, rehabilitation and recovery goals, agreed with the client
• Maximizing client agency by ensuring that their goals are central to all care plan
• Provide a range of reintegration and aftercare supports targeting clients from the
region including those exiting drug and/or alcohol treatment programmes or exiting
• Provide education, information, advocacy and treatment support to clients and their
families as required
• Support clients who are engaging with a detoxification programme
• Formulate and implement a referral pathway and plan for those transitioning from the
• Create referral pathways and contribute to an inter-agency approach to working with
• Establish and deliver supportive group-work and activity-based sessions .
• Ensure service users are case managed as they move through the continuum of care
• Support service users through the process of regaining their capacity for daily life from
the impact of problem drug and /or alcohol use and reintegrating into their communities
• Provide care and support that offer both a harm reduction and recovery ethos
reflecting a person-centred approach to care
• Work closely with community, voluntary and statutory services to ensure that service
users can access support in relation to other needs i.e. housing, employment and
• To be responsible for working in partnership with other agencies to maximise benefits
that can be achieved for individuals and families by utilising wider resources and
support networks that are available locally.
• Liaise with and refer clients to other services, using a multidisciplinary approach.
• To support and encourage clients to provide feedback on service provision in order to
inform policy and services.
• Produce standard monthly and quarterly reports for the Service Co-Ordinator and/or
Manager of Day Services in line with funding agencies requirements and compile any
ad hoc information requests as required.
• Compile and report on complaints and compliments received as required.
• Responsible for ensuring that statistics/data are kept updated on the CRM system at all
times and provide reports to the Service Co-Ordinator in keeping with all required
deadlines and on an ad hoc basis as required.
• Responsible for maintaining a complete, accurate and up to date record for each
treatment episode on the HRB on-line web based system.
• Ensuring client care-plans are created and updated as care-plan progresses or changes.
• To support the development and implementation of the ECRDATF substance misuse
treatment and rehabilitation strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders in the
community, voluntary and statutory sector.
• To oversee the support and supervision provided to volunteers and placements in the
East Coast service.
• To work with the HR Department in relation to all HR processes including recruitment,
performance management, disciplinary processes etc.
• Comply with all verification visits by funding agencies.
• To support and participate in all audits and/or evaluations.
• To comply with all requirements in relation to all the appropriate paperwork for the
service such as client files, accident reports, service user complaints, minutes of
• To communicate effectively and to maintain appropriate accountability to the Service Co-
Ordinator/ Manager Day Services.
• Keep up to date with developments in the East Coast region.
• Attend and participate in relevant committees as advised by the Service Co-Ordinator.
• In conjunction with the Service Co-Ordinator to continuously develop the role to ensure
that all aspects of the service are managed effectively and in line with service
• To become familiar with and ensure that all MQI’s policies and procedures are being
adhered to particularly those relating to Health & Safety, HR, Confidentiality, Boundaries
and staff code of conduct etc.
• Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Service Co-Ordinator/Manager Day
Service and his/her nominee.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have a relevant qualification (minimum QQI Third Level 7 or equivalent) e.g. social care, addiction
- Motivational Interviewing (MI) or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) qualifications are a distinct advantage
- Must have a minimum of 2 years relevant employed work experience in addiction, community development, health & social care, education or related fields
- Have experience of key working, case management and group facilitation
- Have an understanding of the current National Drugs Strategy, Substance Misuse Strategy, National Drug Rehabilitation Framework, logic model reporting, QUADS and/or Safer Better Healthcare (SBHC) Standards
- As this is a mobile post a full clean driver’s license and access to a car is mandatory for this role.
Salary: €30,360 – €37,800 pa DOE.
Contract: Fixed-Term Contract to 31 December 2022, 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing Date: Monday, 4th July 2022 at 5pm
Ref Number: OAS1801221 – please quote on application
What does MQI offer as an employer?
- Fulfilling and Challenging work
- Sick Pay Scheme (after 6 months’ Probation)
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Minimum 23 days Annual Leave plus Good Will leave
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
- Death In Service (from commencement of employment)
- Line Management Supervision
- Learning and Development Programme
- Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
- Educational Assistance (Study and Examination Leave)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programme
Merchants Quay Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
Management reserves the right to amend or change this job description as required.
This role is subject to Garda Vetting.
Please see attached Job Description and if you are interested in applying for this position please send an up to date CV and a completed Application Form (also attached to this advert) to email@example.com by 5pm on ,Monday4th July 2022. Please ensure to put “Application for Community Integration Worker Ref OAS1801221” in the subject line of your email. Applications that do not state the role in the subject line of the email may fail to be shortlisted.