Community Psychiatric Nurse / Health Lead
To effectively deliver health services pertaining to the Open Access Service and in doing so to uphold the philosophy and working ethos of Merchants Quay Ireland (MQI).
1.0 Service Delivery
• To provide Mental Health Nursing interventions to clients within the Open Access Service.
• To provide Mental Health Crisis Interventions to clients within The Open Access Service.
• To case manage clients with Mental Health Issues in order to support their recovery.
• To ensure that the practical needs of the clients are met, in consultation with them and with the support of the staff team.
• To ensure that assessments are carried out and individual care plans are devised and regularly reviewed by the staff in consultation and agreement with the clients of the Open Access Service.
• To identify client needs and in collaboration with the Health & Harm Reduction Coordinator develop and implement therapeutic programmes in response to those needs.
• To provide a high standard of care ensuring client satisfaction as it pertains to MQI and its Charter of Rights.
• To ensure a safe and secure environment and maintain high standards of care for staff and clients alike.
• Building supportive relationships across the services based in Open Access and MQI.
• To develop links with appropriate statutory and voluntary agencies in order to ensure access to services for the client group using the services.
• To participate in service reviews and evaluations and to implement any changes arising from such work.
• To work within the policies of MQI, both organisationally and service specific in order to ensure that a consistent service delivery and high standard of care is adhered to.
• To deputise for the Health & Harm Reduction Coordinator when require
To participate in and conduct work as required by The Clinical Governance Group and report to same.
• To provide support, line management supervision and performance appraisal to staff including the nursing, CE, volunteers & project workers at the Open Access Service as agreed with the Health & Harm Reduction Coordinator.
• To provide supervision to Nursing staff within Open Access in accordance with best practice and nursing standards.
• To ensure Nursing staff work within their scope of practice and competence as set out by The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
• To ensure that clinical work experience and student placements are supported and supervised as needed.
• Monitor and support case management ensuring that all relevant documentation is completed, and that links are being made with the appropriate internal and external services, while ensuring that a consistently high standard of care plans, key working, assessments and referrals are being carried out in line with the aims of the service.
• To assist in assessing need of, development and delivery of relevant in-depth induction and training programmes for staff.
• To assist in the recruitment and interviewing of staff and volunteers in conjunction with your line manager where appropriate
• To work with the HR Department is dealing with any staff issues or other HR related issues.
• To support the staff team in how to work with and support volunteer workers.
3.0 Team Work
• To work as part of a multi-disciplinary Team with regular and consistent communication participating actively in all team meetings and supporting the ethos of MQI.
• To encourage a creative approach to working within the team and to support the development of a challenging, dynamic team.
• To ensure that the team works to a high standard in carrying out its agreed brief and tasks.
• To ensure that an effective team approach is maintained.
• To facilitate and participate in internal and external multi-disciplinary meetings as required by the service.
• When required, produce standard monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Health & Harm Reduction Coordinator or Day Service Manager and to compile any ad hoc information requests relating to the service which may be required by the Organisation.
• Ensure that recording systems and other filing systems are maintained and processed in line with NMBI standards and GDPR legislation.
• To facilitate with Service Coordinator requests in relation to all appropriate administration work including the rota and payroll administration.
5.0 General Responsibilities
• To ensure that Health and Safety standards are met within the service in accordance with MQI’s health and safety policy and in accordance with the Safety Statement of the service.
• Reporting to the Health & Harm Reduction Coordinator for individual support, supervision, performance appraisal and working within the parameters of the MQI HR and H&S policies.
• In conjunction with the Health & Harm Reduction Coordinator, to continuously develop the role to ensure that all tasks are being undertaken in an effective and appropriate manner which meets the strategic aims and objectives of MQI.
• Support the integration and delivery of all day to day operational functions of the Open Access service To at all times undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high quality standard of work and to always work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of MQI
• To respond to and manage incidents and emergencies as they arise in line with MQI Policy and to record and report details of these. To escalate these to relevant Service Coordinators / Day Service manager as necessary.
• To have a flexible approach to the work in response to Organisational change, development and review of best practice.
• To ensure compliance with MQI Organisational policies including but not limited to: Fire Safety, Health & Safety, Confidentiality, Boundaries, Data Protection, Inclusion, Child Protection and National Standards for Safer Better Healthcare.
• To be up to date on recent developments and quality standards in the delivery of services.
• Subject to training, work in the role of a Designated Liaison Person (DLP) in relation to MQI Child Protection Policy.
• To assist with any other duties which the Health & Harm Reduction Coordinator & the Head of Day Services might reasonably request.
• Be Registered as a Psychiatric Nurse with NMBI.
• Have a minimum of 2 years at supervisory level
• Proficient in IT including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and a good knowledge of CRM system for reporting purposes.
• Good communication skills.
• Experience of working in Homeless services.
• A relevant qualification in the area of addiction studies / mental health
Duration: Contract of Indefinite Duration
Hours: 39 hrs per week
Location: Open Access Service, Merchants Quay, Dublin 8.
Salary: €39,000 – €48,000 per annum
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form attached to this ad and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your up to date CV attached by Monday,February 24th 2020. Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Community Psychiatric Nurse / Health Lead – Ref OAS022001. Applications that do not have this title may fail to be shortlisted.
MQI reserves the right to review and amend this job description as appropriate.
This Position is subject to Garda Clearance
Additional benefits include:
• Fulfilling and Challenging work
• Sick Pay Scheme
• Minimum 23 days Annual Leave
• Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
• Death In Service (from commencement of employment)
• Line Management Supervision
• Learning and Development Programme
• Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Parental, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
• Educational Assistance (Study and Examination Leave, Scholarship Foundation)
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Health & Wellness Programme