Job Title: Counsellor East Coast Crisis and Intervention Service (CRIS)
Responsible to: The Head of Operation through the CRIS Coordinator.
Responsible for: The direct delivery of counselling and groups to clients in the East Coast catchment area.
Reports to: East Coast CRIS Coordinator.
Objective: To effectively deliver counselling, group-work and Care planning to clients of the CRIS service and in doing so to uphold the philosophy and working ethos of MQI.
• Ensure that the day-to-day operations of the service run smoothly in accordance with organisation and service policies and procedures.
• To work as part of the team with regular and consistent communication.
• To participate actively in all team meetings and to be open to all reasonable requests from the CRIS Coordinator.
• Work within the policies of MQI, both organisation wide and project specific to ensure consistent delivery and quality standards are adhered to.
• To work as part of a team and actively encourage this ethos among the workers.
• To provide support for students, part time and voluntary workers.
• To work with the CRIS Coordinator in the assessment and identification of client needs.
• To act in a counsellor capacity with designated clients in accordance with structures agreed with the CRIS Coordinator.
• To support the service users through the facilitation of one-to-one counselling, care planning, therapeutic group work and psycho-educational workshops.
• To ensure that the needs of our clients are attended to with sensitivity and efficiency.
• To develop individual counselling care plans for clients.
• To be up to date and aware of good practices and procedures in the delivery of services to our clients.
• To liaise with internal and external agencies in identifying progression pathways for clients.
• To comply with the CRIS Coordinator’s requirements in relation to all appropriate paperwork and filing of data relevant to the service namely, intervention records and client care plans and files.
• To feed into the preparation of reports, statistics and other information that may be required.
• To ensure that all relevant client records are logged on MQI’s Salesforce system.
• To be observant, proactive and comply with MQI’s requirements in relation to Health & Safety protocols.
• To attend all training sessions, workshops and courses as advised by the CRIS Coordinator.
• To support and facilitate the transference of learning to workers, trainees, students, and volunteers within the service.
• To actively engage with your supervisor, regarding one’s own personal/professional needs in the context of being an effective worker in the service.
• To maintain good relationships with external agencies and stakeholders on behalf of the Service.
• To be up to date and aware of best practice and procedures in relation to Health and Safety in the workplace.
• To become familiar with and ensure that all MQI’s policies and procedure are being adhered to, particularly those relating to Health & Safety, HR, Confidentiality, Boundaries and Staff Code of Ethics.
• To have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development, and review of best practice.
• To assist with any other duties which the Coordinator might reasonably request.
• Two years experience in a paid full-time capacity in an addiction service or similar
setting or equivalent part time.
• Accredited counsellor with ACI, IACP or equivalent body.
• A relevant third level qualification in addiction studies or social care.
• An excellent understanding of issues relating to problem drug use/homelessness
including mental health concerns and progression pathways towards, housing,
training, and work.
• Capacity to develop constructive relationships with clients & team.
• Capacity to work on own initiative and as part of team.
• Capacity to develop positive relationships with internal and external
• Must be able to demonstrate proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel,
Power-point, and a good knowledge CRM system for reporting purposes.
• Experience of developing and delivering workshops and seminars.
• Experience and skills in the referral process and assessment of clients with
• Experience and skills in developing Care Plans.
• A full driving licence an advantage.
Location: East Coast CRIS service. Various locations. Wicklow and Arklow. Mileage paid if travel costs are incurred in this role.
Contract Type: Part-Time, Fixed Term Contract of 12 months duration.
Start Date: 3rd January 2023
Hours: 19.5 hours per week
Salary: €17,900.00 – €19,325.00 per annum depending on relevant experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form
attached to this ad and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV attached by 5pm on October 21st 2022 Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘‘Application for Part-Time Counsellor East Coast CRIS Service, Ref C0284”. Applications that do not have this title may fail to be shortlisted.
MQI is an equal opportunities employer. MQI reserves the right to review and amend this job description as appropriate.