Job Title: Counsellor – MQI Jane’s Place – Female Specific Service – C0258
Responsible to: Deputy Head of Services/Service Coordinator
Responsible for: The direct delivery of counselling and facilitation of groups to clients in MQI’s Female Specific Service.
Reports to: Service Coordinator.
Objective: To effectively deliver counselling, group-work and care planning to female clients of MQI, and in doing so to uphold the philosophy and working ethos of MQI.
MQI are looking to recruit a Female Specific Counsellor to work in an exciting new Female Specific service.
This role will be part of the team responsible for setting up, establishing and the operation of a new female only day service, “Jane’s Place” based in Dublin with in-reach clinics into partner agencies.
The female only day service will provide a ‘one-stop-shop’ for access to information and supports across health, addiction, life skills, gender-based violence, coercive control, legal issues, education, employment support, counselling and mental health services. The role involves providing 1:1 counselling with female service users, group work, in-reach into other community projects as well as advocating and giving a voice to female service users, and facilitating research.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get involved at the start of a new service supporting women in a holistic and trauma informed way.
- Ensure that the day-to-day operations of the service run smoothly in accordance with organisation and service policies and procedures.
- To work as part of the team with regular and consistent communication.
- To participate actively in all team meetings and to be open to all reasonable requests from the Service Coordinator.
- Work within the policies of MQI, both organisation wide and project specific to ensure consistent delivery and quality standards are adhered to.
- To provide continuity and support for students, part time and voluntary workers.
- To work as part of a team and actively encourage this ethos among the workers.
- To work with the Service Coordinator in the assessment and identification of client needs.
- To work with designated clients in accordance with structures agreed with the Service Coordinator.
- To support the treatment programme through the facilitation of one-to-one counselling, care planning, therapeutic group work and psycho-educational workshops.
- To provide in-reach and outreach supports as agreed with the Service Coordinator
- To ensure that the needs of our clients are attended to with sensitivity and efficiency.
- To develop individual care plans for clients.
- To be up to date and aware of good practices and procedures in the delivery of services to our clients.
- Signposting and referring client to other services as appropriate and facilitating clients to access local services such as medical, welfare and advocating on their behalf.
- To liaise with internal and external agencies in identifying progression pathways for clients.
- To comply with the Service Coordinator’s requirements in relation to all appropriate paperwork and filing of data relevant to the service, in particular updating client files with intervention records and client care plans and files.
- To feed into the preparation of reports, statistics and other information that may be required.
- To ensure that all relevant client records are logged on MQI’s CRM database
- To be observant, proactive and comply with MQI’s requirements in relation to Health & Safety protocols.
- To attend all training sessions, workshops and courses as advised by the Service Coordinator.
- To support and facilitate the transference of learning to workers, trainees, students, and volunteers on the Project.
- To actively engage with your supervisor, regarding one’s own personal/ professional needs in the context of being an effective worker on the Project.
- To maintain good relationships with external agencies and stakeholders on behalf of the Project.
- To be up to date and aware of best practice and procedures in relation to Health and Safety in the workplace.
- To become familiar with and ensure that all MQI’s policies and procedure are being adhered to, particularly those relating to Health & Safety, HR, Confidentiality, Boundaries and Staff Code of Ethics.
- To have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development, and review of best practice.
- To assist with any other duties which the Service Coordinator might reasonably request.
- Two years experience in a paid full-time capacity in an addiction service or similar community setting or equivalent part time.
- Accredited counsellor with ACI, IACP or equivalent body.
- A relevant third level qualification in the area of addiction studies, social care or other related field.
- Understanding of the issues facing women with complex needs
- Understanding of issues relating to problem drug use/homelessness including mental health concerns and progression pathways towards, housing, training, and work.
- A knowledge and understanding of a trauma informed approach
- Capacity to develop constructive relationships with clients & team.
- Capacity to work on own initiative and as part of team.
- Capacity to develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point, and a good knowledge CRM system for reporting purposes.
- Experience of developing and delivering workshops and seminars.
- Experience and skills in the referral process and assessment of clients with addiction needs.
- Experience and skills in developing Care Plans.
- A full driving licence an advantage.
Location: Jane’s Place Dublin
Contract Type: Contract of Indefinite Duration
Hours: 39 hours per week
Salary: €35,800 – 43,400 PA. New appointees will typically start at the minimum point of the scale, however an increase may be considered in line with recognised relevant experience in previous similar roles.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form attached to this advertisement and send with an updated copy of your CV to email@example.com before the closing date of 5pm on 23/11/2022. Please ensure to include ‘Application for Counsellor, Jane’s Place C0258” in the subject line of your email. Applications not labelled correctly may fail to be shortlisted.
MQI is an equal opportunities employer.
MQI reserves the right to review and amend this job description as appropriate.