Job Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Department: Fundraising & Communications
Reports To: Individual Giving Fundraising Manager
Purpose of Job:
The Fundraising Coordinator will be a key member of MQI’s Fundraising & Communications Team helping to secure significant income for the organisation’s work. They will work closely with the Individual Giving Fundraising Manager to implement MQI’s donor development and recruitment strategy, which delivers key communications to existing and potential supporters and encourages higher level giving. The Coordinator will also manage integrated development and recruitment campaigns, community fundraising campaigns and provide guidance to MQI’s fundraising team.
MQI are seeking someone with substantial experience of fundraising. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of donor development/recruitment and community fundraising and have a proven track record of successfully managing projects to meet challenging deadlines. The ideal candidate will be excellent communicator with the ability to build strong and long-lasting relationships with MQI supporters, personnel from other departments, MQI clients and external suppliers.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities:
- Line management and supervision of fundraising donor care team members which includes donor care officers, donor care administrators and temp relief administrators.
- Provide working cover for the Individual Giving Fundraising Manager as and when required.
- Work with the Individual Giving Fundraising Manager to implement the donor development and recruitment strategy which will deliver key communications to existing and potential supporters.
- Develop key working relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as the communications and services personnel, MQI clients and suppliers for integrated campaigns.
- Develop and implement integrated campaigns using several ATL and BTL channels, such as direct mail, email, telemarketing, press, TV, radio and digital.
- Deliver activities/communications to manage the supporter life cycle including, retention, reactivation and upgrading of donors.
- Manage campaign budgets by monitoring expenditure, communicating with external suppliers, and undertaking regular reviews as needed.
- Mange current and develop new innovative community fundraising campaigns to attract funding from individuals, groups, and corporate supporters.
- Maintain internal administration and CRM processes, including uploading files and running reports.
- Ensure the donor database is used as a tool for increasing income from existing supporters, as well as a resource that can help support future fundraising initiatives.
- Continually review, revise, and improve thank you materials/processes with the aim of improving door care and increasing supporter loyalty/giving.
- Attend conferences, relevant events and training as opportunities arise.
These duties are a guide to the general range of responsibilities and are neither definitive nor restrictive. The Fundraising Coordinator may from time to time have to undertake any reasonable request as directed by their line manager.
|Core Competencies and Skills Summary Criteria|
|Third Level qualification in marketing, business, or related discipline|
|Experience of managing personnel and small teams|
|Track record of achievement in a previous, similar role.|
|Deep understanding of fundraising or business development.|
|Excellent relationship management skills and ability to communicate in all forms (written, verbal, negotiation, presentation skills, etc.)|
|Ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.|
|Strong understanding of GDPR.|
|Energy, enthusiasm, and flair to work hard and achieve ambitious targets.|
|Experience of managing budgets.|
|Critical thinking and analytical skills|
|Passionate about MQI’s cause|
|Understanding of the not-for-profit sector.|
Salary Scale: €37,000 to €45,000
Hours: 39 hours per week
Duration: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Mix of Head office and remote working as business needs dictate.
What does Merchants Quay Ireland offer as an employer?
- Fulfilling and Challenging work
- Sick Pay Scheme (following Probationary period)
- Minimum 26 days Annual Leave
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
- Death In Service Benefit (from commencement of employment)
- Line Management Supervision
- Learning and Development Programme
- Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
- Educational Assistance (Study and Examination Leave)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programme
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form attached to this ad and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your up-to-date CV attached by Sunday 31st of October 2021. Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Fundraising Coordinator – Ref FND102113’. Applications that do not have this title may fail to be shortlisted.
This Position is subject to Garda Clearance
MQI is an equal opportunities employer
MQI reserves the right to review and amend this job description as appropriate.