Job Title: Donor Care Administrator
Department: Fundraising & Communications
Reports To: Fundraising Manager – Donor Care and Compliance
Purpose of Job: To deliver donor care excellence to MQI supporters and efficient and conscientious administrative support for the fundraising and communications department in order to help grow fundraising income.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Work to increase the lifetime value of MQI supporters by helping them understand our work and the importance of their continued support in changing lives.
• To act as the first point of contact for incoming fundraising enquiries and activities, meeting and greeting visitors and donors who come to our office and those who prefer to phone us.
• Provide fantastic service to MQI supporters on the phone, in person, online and in writing. To handle enquiries, requests, donations, and complaints from supporters in a prompt, efficient and thoughtful manner, within agreed timescales.
• To enter data onto our CRM database and maintain accurate records of donations, donors’ personal information any other data relating to fundraising adhering to all internal and GDPR procedures.
• Manage the processing, thanking, and receipting for all donor income, within agreed timescales and in line with strict procedures.
• To undertake other administrative activities for the fundraising departments as required – E.g., Welcome packs, purchase order system, direct mail returns, coupons management, donor telemarketing activity, sample library management, stock room management
• To create and run a system of managing all fundraising printed stock, materials and stationery held by the fundraising team liaising with suppliers as necessary.
• Support other members of the Fundraising Team on communications and marketing campaigns, donor appeals and newsletters, and community fundraising initiatives as required – content, imagery, data cleaning
• To identify and manage other opportunities for donor care excellence and generating income for the fundraising and communications department.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Fundraising & Communications and the Fundraising Manger – Donor Care and Compliance or their nominee.
• Flexibility in working hours is required. For donor events held occasionally during evenings or weekends a time-in-lieu policy is operated.
The ideal candidate will have:
• One year’s experience in a public-facing and/or administrative role
• Excellent ‘customer service’ skills on telephone, in writing and in person
• Experience in CRM database management
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with a proven ability to multi-task and prioritise time and resources
• Ability to work under pressure and maintain meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent numeracy skills
• Excellent and engaging written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships with supporters and colleagues
• Proficiency in all MS Office Skills, especially Excel and Word
• Proven ability to work independently within a team environment
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Certificate in Fundraising is desirable
• Education to Degree level or equivalent is desirable
• Collaborative, enthusiastic and positive attitude; flexible and adaptable.
Salary: €23,782.90 – €29,682.50
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time role
Hours: 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Fundraising & Communications Dept, Head office, Merchants Quay, Dublin 8.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the attached application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your up-to-date CV by close of business 25th April 2022
Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Donor Care Administrator – Ref FC1104221’.
Management reserve the right to amend or change this job description as required.
This Position is subject to Garda Clearance