Job Title: Donor Care Administrator – Fixed Term, 4 Months Contract
Department: Fundraising & Communications
Reports To: Individual Giving Fundraising Manager
Purpose of Job: To deliver outstanding donor care to the MQI supporters and efficient and conscientious administrative support to for the fundraising department to help grow our fundraising income.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To act as the first point of contact for incoming fundraising enquiries and activities, meeting and
greeting visitors and donors who come to our office and those who prefer to phone us.
• Provide fantastic service to MQI supporters on the phone, in person and in writing. To handle
enquiries, requests, donations, and complaints from supporters in a prompt, efficient and thoughtful
manner, within agreed timescales.
• To enter data onto our database and maintain accurate records of donations, donors’ personal
information any other data relating to fundraising.
• Manage the processing, thanking, and receipting for all donor income, within agreed timescales
and in line with strict procedures.
• To identify and manage other opportunities for generating income for the fundraising department.
• To undertake other administrative activities for the fundraising departments as required – E.g.
Welcome Packs, PO system, DM returns.
• Work to increase the lifetime value of MQI supporters by helping them understand our work and
the importance of their continued support in changing lives.
• To manage supplies of fundraising materials including liaising with suppliers as necessary.
• To create and run a system of managing all printed material stock held by the fundraising team.
• To create and maintain a direct mail sample library
• Support other members of the Fundraising Team on marketing campaigns, donor appeals, and
community fundraising initiatives as required.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Fundraising &
Communications, or their nominee.
• Flexibility in working hours is required. For donor events held occasionally during evenings or
weekends a time-in-lieu policy is operated.
The ideal candidate will have:
• One year’s experience in a public-facing and/or administrative role.
• Excellent ‘customer service’ skills on telephone, in writing and in person
• Experience in database management.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with a proven ability to multi-task and prioritise
time and resources.
• Ability to work under pressure and maintain meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
• Excellent numeracy
• Excellent and engaging written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships with supporters.
• Proficiency in all MS Office Skills, especially Excel and Word.
• Proven ability to work independently within a team environment.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Certificate in Fundraising is desirable.
• Education to Degree level or equivalent is desirable.
• Collaborative, enthusiastic and positive attitude; flexible and adaptable.
Salary: 8,092.00- 9,938.00 Euro for the 4 Months
Contract: 4 months Fixed Term, Starting the 1st October 2022
Hours: 39 hours per week. Start Date: 3rd October 2022.
Location: Fundraising & Communications Dept, Head office, Merchants Quay.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the attached application form and
email to email@example.com with a copy of your up-to-date CV by close of business 21st September
Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Donor
Care Admin – Ref C0281 & C0282’.
Management reserve the right to amend or change this job description as required.
This Position is subject to Garda Clearance.
MQI is an equal opportunities employer.