Main Duties and Responsibilities
As a key member of the Fundraising and Communications Team your main focus will be to help to secure significant income for the organisation’s work. You will work closely with the Fundraising Coordinators to implement MQI’s donor development and recruitment strategy, which delivers key communications to existing and potential supporters and encourages higher level giving.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Fundraising Coordinators to implement the donor development and recruitment strategy which will deliver key communications to existing and potential supporters.
- Develop key working relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as the communications and services personnel, MQI clients and suppliers for integrated campaigns.
- Help develop and implement integrated fundraising campaigns using several ATL and BTL channels, such as direct mail, email, telemarketing, press, TV, radio and digital.
- Increase the lifetime value of MQI supporters by increasing their knowledge and understanding of our work and the importance of their continued support in changing lives.
- Help manage and deliver the supporter life cycle programme which can include activities/communications around retention, reactivation and upgrading of donors.
- Help manage campaign budgets by monitoring expenditure, communicating with external suppliers, and undertaking regular reviews as needed.
- Maintain internal administration and CRM processes, including uploading files and running reports.
- Ensure the donor database is used as a tool for increasing income from existing supporters, as well as a resource that can help support future fundraising initiatives.
- Continually review, revise, and improve thank you materials/processes with the aim of improving donor care and increasing supporter loyalty/giving.
- Attend conferences, relevant events and training as opportunities arise.
- Provide working cover for the Fundraising Coordinators as and when required.
These duties are a guide to the general range of responsibilities and are neither definitive nor restrictive. The Fundraising Officer may from time to time have to undertake any reasonable request as directed by their line manager(s).
Please also see the attached detailed Job Specification for the experience and competencies essential and desired for this role.
Salary Scale: €29,360 – €36,800 (depending on level of relevant experience)
Hours: 39 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Location: Fundraising & Communications Dept, Head office, Merchants Quay, Dublin 8
Additional MQI Benefits include:
- Fulfilling and Challenging work
- Sick Pay Scheme (following Probationary period)
- 23 days Annual Leave (plus Good Will Leave and service-related days)
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
- Death In Service Benefit (from commencement of employment)
- Line Management Supervision
- Learning and Development Programme
- Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
- Educational Assistance (Study and Examination Leave)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programme
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the attached application form and email to email@example.com with a copy of your up-to-date CV by 5pm on 17th January 2022
Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Fundraising Officer – Ref FC2201112’.