Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Responsible for: This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly organised Executive or Personal Assistant, with a talent for building strong working relationships to provide critical and comprehensive support to Chief Executive Officer (CEO). To provide a highly professional and wide-ranging PA, administration, and project management support to the Chief Executive. This position is often privy to confidential information and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion.
Reports to: Chief Executive
- To act as the first point of contact for the CEO, proactively and promptly reviewing and tracking incoming enquiries such as emails, invitations, complaints, and correspondence and responding directly or advising on responses to the CEO, providing clarity of outcomes/actions.
- Manage the CEO’s email inbox to ensure all important communications are flagged and receive a response. Refer correspondence and calls to other appropriate individuals if matters can be responded elsewhere. Disseminate information to senior leadership and maintain a system to ensure action is taken by senior leadership.
- To made administrative arrangements and planning for internal and external meetings and conferences and attend as necessary, operating a system to ensure the CEO is fully briefed for meetings.
- To provide high level secretariat support to key internal and external meetings involving the CEO, including preparing agendas, co-ordinating or writing papers, producing minutes, and ensuring follow-up actions are progressed.
- To prepare correspondence, reports, memos, and presentation material as required, noting the need for accessibility in all documentation from all sources.
- Forward plan with the Chief Executive to ensure actions are completed and meetings are scheduled in the calendar
- Providing project support; reviewing and summarising reports, presentations, and documents suitable for presentation at Board and Executive level
- Develop and maintain the CEO’s paper and electronic filing and information systems.
- Maintain a coordinated and up-to-date calendar for the CEO by determining the urgency and nature of requests, making necessary arrangements, and resolving time conflicts. Organize and schedule meetings with employees and external stakeholders. May attend meetings with the CEO to record meeting outcomes and follow-up actions.
- Review, research, summarize and relay information to the CEO. Prepare briefing notes, reports, and presentations as requested. Provide CEO’s schedule and all supporting documentation one week in advance.
- Organize and keep track of all projects and files handled by the CEO. Create and maintain databases and tracking systems. Anticipate CEO’s needs and create solutions. Maintain a ‘bring forward’ system for the CEO.
- Prepare for meetings with the Board sub committees, senior leadership, and management teams (i.e., schedule, prepare logistics, attend, minute, and distribute materials for scheduled meetings, liaise with the Company Secretary as appropriate).
- Be ready and prepared to play a designated support role to the Crisis Management Team
- Being responsible for processing expenses, credit card returns and raising purchase orders and other finance related duties as directed by the CEO
- Maintain all relevant lobbying information is captured across the organisation and ensure that the organisation meets its requirements under legislation
- Maintain all governance documentation on the ViClarity compliance system to ensure that the organisation meets the requirements of the Charities Regulator.
- Maintaining governance policies and reports (e.g. strategic plans).
- To undertake specific areas of responsibility and special projects as required to support the CEO.
Management reserves the right to amend/change this job description.
Who we are looking for:
Our ideal candidate is a confident and proactive communicator (both verbally and in writing) and highly computer literate.
You will be enthusiastic about MQI’s mission, and comfortable with a degree of uncertainty – your day will inevitably involve challenging tasks and small, and exposure to key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Have at least 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- A self-starter, capable of acting on own initiative and proactively managing competing demands and pressures and able to multi-task effectively.
- Must be able to work collaboratively, with a range of colleagues in the wider organisation, as well as with external stakeholders.
- Sound experience of establishing positive and productive relationships at senior level within organisations and having the tact and diplomacy to ensure these are maintained effectively.
- Have experience in social media and modern communication technology
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy, efficiency, and attention to detail
- Demonstrate experience of researching, collating, and writing briefing materials and management information reports.
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake varied responsibilities
- Ability to handle highly sensitive business communications, data and other information with confidentiality and discretion.
- Demonstrable level of numeracy and ability to analyse statistical and financial data
- Well placed send of judgement and political skills, able to exercise absolute discretion and confidentiality
- Evidence of an ability to ‘think outside the box’ and generate and implement creative solutions.
- To have a strong attention to detail
- To have highly competent IT stills across standard Microsoft packages
- To be able to work flexibility, occasionally having to work early or late
Salary: €37,000 – €45, 000 pa DOE
Hours: Monday-Friday, 39 hours per week . Permanent contract.
Location: Head office, Merchants Quay.
Interested applicants should complete the attached application form and send it to email@example.com with an updated copy of your CV before the closing date of 5 pm on Wednesday 27th October 2021.
Please be sure to include ‘Application for the position of Executive Assistant to the CEO’ in the subject line of your email. Applications not labelled correctly may fail to be shortlisted
Additional MQI Benefits include:
- Fulfilling and Challenging work
- Sick Pay Scheme (following Probationary period)
- 23 days Annual Leave (plus service-related days)
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
- Death In Service Benefit (from commencement of employment)
- Line Management Supervision
- Learning and Development Programme
- Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
- Educational Assistance (Study and Examination Leave)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programme