Full Time Project Workers – Open Access/Extended Day Services
There are a number of service and client activities, which result in several different roles and responsibilities within the service. You will be required to undertake the relevant role that is assigned to you to meet MQI’s operational requirements.
• Ensure that operation of the service is run smoothly and in accordance with organisation procedure
• To meet the needs of the client group including, one to one key work interventions, assisting with issues around sensitive disclosures, delivering sanctions and assisting with referrals to those deemed suitable for interventions.
• To monitor showers and toilet area where necessary
• Work with all clients and win their trust and respect and deal with difficult or problematic situations in a sensitive manner within the framework of the organisation’s policies and record such incidents as appropriate.
• Carry out administrative procedures in accordance with organisation policies.
• To be involved in the preparation of reports, statistics and other information that may be required by the Open Access Head of Day Services/Day Services Manager/Service Coordinators
• To work effectively as a member of a team
• To share responsibility for supporting volunteers
• Attend internal/external meetings and training as required by the Open Access Service Coordinators.
• Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
• To work as part of the team with regular and consistent communication participating actively in all team meetings and supporting the ethos.
• Engage with other team members, support colleagues, participate in meetings as required, and be open to reasonable requests from the Open Access Head of Day Services/Day Services Manager/Service Coordinators/Night Café Lead Project Worker in order to ensure effective working relationships.
• Work within the policies of MQI, both organisation wide and project specific in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards is adhered to in the project.
• Share responsibility to work cohesively where applicable with CE Participants and Volunteers for the delivery of this service and to act as a mentor to those who are working/volunteering in the service
• Participate in regular supervision
• Reporting to the Service Coordinator/Night Café Lead Project Worker for individual support, supervision, performance appraisal working within the parameters of the MQI Policies, the National Standards for Better Safer Healthcare, Rebuilding Ireland, HR and H&S policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance with organisation policies to ensure consistent delivery of services and maintenance of quality standards including:
o Health and Safety
o Needs assessment, key working, care planning
o the National Standards for Better Safer Healthcare and Rebuilding Ireland
• Undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The ideal candidate for this post will have:
• Relevant QQI third level 7 or above qualification in Social Care and at least 1 year’s full time or equivalent experience of working within low threshold services.
• Have an understanding of the issues relating to alcohol and drug use/homelessness and mental health, and experience of client work in these areas, and the interventions required
• Good Knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and practice regarding homelessness and/or drug use.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills
• Experience of Key working and care planning an advantage
• Experience of working with clients with multiple needs
• Experience of working with homeless specific databases and reporting.
What does Merchants Quay Ireland offer as an employer?
o Fulfilling and Challenging work
o Competitive Salaries
o Sick Pay Scheme
o Flexible Working Arrangements
o Minimum 23 days Annual Leave
o Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
o Death In Service (from commencement of employment)
o Line Management Supervision
o Learning and Development Programme
o Group VHI Scheme
o Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Parental, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
o Educational Assistance (Study and Examination Leave, Scholarship Foundation)
o Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
o Health & Wellness Programme
Salary: €30,360 – €37,800
Hours: 39 hrs per week
Location: Open Access Service, Merchants Quay, Dublin 8.
Closing date: Wednesday 12th February 2020
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the application form attached to this advertisement and send with an updated copy of your CV to email@example.com. Before 5pm Wednesday 12th February 2020. Please ensure to include ‘Application for Full Time Project Worker ref OAS012004′ in the subject line of your email.
Applications not labelled correctly may fail to be shortlisted.