Job Title: Graduate Intern, St. Francis Farm, Rehab
Reports to: Service Co-Ordinator or assigned Supervisor
Overall Purpose of Job: To develop skills and knowledge in relation to carrying out the work at St Francis Farm. To effectively deliver services pertaining to St Francis Farm and in doing so, to uphold the philosophy and working ethos of Merchants Quay Ireland.
Main Responsibilities include:
• To work directly with clients, to provide a safe, secure environment and to respond appropriately to clients’ needs.
• To work with clients to develop care plans to support their transition from residential treatment to aftercare services.
• To engage with and build a professional and trusting relationship with clients treating them with dignity and respect.
• To ensure that the needs of clients are attended to with sensitivity and efficiency.
• To be up to date and aware of good practices and procedures in the delivery of services to our clients.
• To work with all clients and win their trust and respect and deal with difficult or problematic situations in a sensitive manner.
• To adhere to the organisations policies and record any incidents as appropriate.
• Where possible to accompany clients to dental, hospital or doctor’s appointments etc.
• To work within the policies of St. Francis Farm in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards are adhered to in a drug and alcohol-free environment.
• The Graduate will carry a case load and will receive supervision.
• To comply with the Coordinator/Lead Project Worker requirements in relation to all appropriate paperwork and filing of data requirements to the facility and financial systems.
• To complete all administrative tasks and relevant form filling are completed appropriately in order to ensure that the facility runs smoothly and effectively.
• To attend all training sessions, workshops and courses as advised by the Coordinator/assigned supervisor or as required as part of the Graduate Intern Training Programme.
• To actively engage with your Supervisor regarding ones own personal/ professional development in the context of being an effective Graduate Intern in the St Francis Farm service.
• To maintain a good relationship with external agencies on behalf of Merchant’s Quay Ireland.
• To undertake the tasks and duties assigned by the Coordinator or assigned Supervisor
• To perform as a team member supporting colleagues, participating in effective handovers and being open to reasonable requests from the Coordinator/Lead Project Worker in order to ensure effective work relationships.
• To become familiar with and ensure that project boundaries and safety are maintained.
• Ensure compliance with organisation policies to ensure consistent delivery of service and maintenance of quality standards.
• To assist with any other duties as may be required.
Management reserves the right to amend or change this job description as required.
This Position is subject to Garda Clearance
MQI – Grad Intern Application Form 2022 Saint Francis FarmGraduate Internship Programme 2022 August