Job Title: Full time Hep C Project Worker – Open Access Riverbank/ Extended Day Services
Hours of work: 39 hrs per week (Mon to Friday), 7.8 hours per day between 8am & 9pm
Responsible to: CNM 1 / Deputy Head of Day Services
Responsible for: Contributing to the overall operation of the service and ensuring that it runs smoothly and in accordance with organisation procedure
Reports to: CNM 1
Objective: To work directly with clients impacted by Hepatitis C as part of a team and to provide a safe, secure environment for clients. To support the medical team with screening and facilitate access to treatment to MQI clients with hepatitis C.
There are number of service and client activities, which result in several different roles and responsibilities within the service. You will be required to undertake the relevant role that is assigned to you to meet MQI’s operational requirements.
- Ensure that operation of the service is run smoothly and in accordance with organisation procedure
- To meet the needs of the client group including, one to one intervention, assisting with issues around sensitive disclosures and assisting with referrals to those deemed suitable for interventions.
- To work closely with all subservices as needed to facilitate client recruitment and monitor showers and toilet area where necessary
- Work with all clients and win their trust and respect with a view to providing Hep C information / education and to encouraging people to undertake Hep C testing and treatment. To deal with difficult or problematic situations in a sensitive manner within the framework of the organisation’s policies and record such incidents as appropriate.
- To carry out point-of-care antibody testing for Hep C with identified at-risk clients, as per organisational protocols.
- Carry out administrative procedures in accordance with organisation policies.
- To be involved in the preparation of reports, statistics and other information that may be required by the Open Access CNM 1 / Deputy Head of Operations / Head of Operations. This includes specifically the production of outcome statistics on the client numbers tested and treated for Hep C.
- To develop and expand organisational protocols in Hep C testing and treatment.
- In collaboration with the management team, to support and liaise with external agencies on specific projects e.g. research, conference presentations.
- To work effectively as a member of a team
- To ensure that risk assessments are carried out and individual care plans are devised and regularly reviewed by staff in consultation and agreement with the service users
- To share responsibility for supporting volunteers and intern Graduates
- Attend internal/ external meetings and training as required by the Open Access CNM 1, Deputy Head of Operations and Head of Operations
- Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
- To work as part of the team with regular and consistent communication participating actively in all team meetings and supporting the ethos.
- Engage with other team members, support colleagues, participate in meetings as required, and be open to reasonable requests from the Open Access CNM 1 / Deputy Head of Operations/ Head of Services in order to ensure effective working relationships.
- Work within the policies of MQI, both organisation wide and project specific in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards is adhered to in the project.
- Participate in regular supervision
- Reporting to the CNM 1 for individual support, supervision, performance appraisal working within the parameters of the MQI Policies, the National Standards for Better Safer Healthcare, Rebuilding Ireland, HR and H&S policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with organisation policies to ensure consistent delivery of services and maintenance of quality standards including:
- Health and Safety
- Needs assessment, key working, care planning
- the National Standards for Better Safer Healthcare and Rebuilding Ireland
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned as needed for the smooth delivery of MQI services.
- To complete all administrative tasks such as report writing, collation of statistics maintenance of accurate records, up to date client case notes, relevant form filling in order to ensure that the service runs smoothly, safely and effectively.
- To ensure that accurate and up-to-date records are kept by recording accurate and relevant information onto any appropriate forms, daybooks, client files and computer-based client databases (e.g. Salesforce).
- To adhere to GDPR requirements in relation to all appropriate paperwork and filing and storage of relevant data.
The ideal candidate for this post will have:
- Relevant QQI third level 7 or above qualification in social Care and at least 1 year’s full time or equivalent experience of working within low threshold services.
- Have an understanding of the issues relating to alcohol and drug use/homelessness and mental health, and experience of client work in these areas, and the interventions required
- Computer skills (PowerPoint, Excel etc)
- Good Knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and practice regarding homelessness and/or drug use and /or Hep C treatment.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of Key working and care planning an advantage
- Experience of working with clients with multiple, complex needs
- Experience of working with homeless specific databases and reporting.
What does Merchants Quay Ireland offer as an employer?
- Fulfilling and Challenging work
- Competitive Salaries
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Minimum 23 days Annual Leave
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
- Death In Service (from commencement of employment)
- Line Management Supervision
- Learning and Development Programme
- Group VHI Scheme
- Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Parental, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programme
Salary: €31,290 – €38,890 – New appointees will typically start at the minimum point of the scale, however an increase may be considered in line with recognised relevant experience in previous similar roles.
Hours: 39 hrs per week
Location: Open Access Service, Merchants Quay, Dublin 8.
Closing date: 23rd of November 2022
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the application form attached to this advertisement and send with an updated copy of your CV to email@example.com before 5pm on the 23rd of November 2022 Please ensure to include ‘Application for Full Time Hep C Project Worker C0238 ’ in the subject line of your email.
Applications not labelled correctly may fail to be shortlisted.
MQI reserves the right to review and amend this job description as appropriate. This Position is subject to Garda Clearance