Job Title: Services Coordinator – Open Access Service
Responsible to: The Executive Committee through the Head of Service Delivery and Operations.
Responsible for: The direct delivery of services to clients in the Open Access Service, Riverbank.
Reports to: Relevant member of management team.
Objective: To effectively deliver and coordinate the services pertaining to Open Access and in doing so to uphold the philosophy and working ethos of Merchants Quay Ireland.
1.0 Service Delivery
• To take operational responsibility for service(s) within Open Access as assigned by the
Senior management team.
• To ensure that the practical needs of the clients are met through the effective
management of the team and resources available
• To assist in the establishment and maintenance of relevant working relationships with
agencies operating in the local community, including both statutory and voluntary
agencies that will assist in the support of our clients to ensure access to services for the
• To ensure that assessments are carried out and support plans are devised and regularly
reviewed by the staff in consultation and agreement with the clients
• To regularly engage with and build a professional relationship with clients treating them
with dignity and respect and ensure that values of MQI are upheld in doing so
• When and wherever necessary involve clients in the ongoing development of the service
and to have their participation built into service plans
• To provide a high standard of service ensuring client satisfaction as it pertains to MQI and
its Charter of Rights including a prompt resolution to complaints within a specific time
• To identify client needs in collaboration with all members of the team.
• To undertake an ongoing review/assessment of care practices in response to client needs
• To support the service through participation in the staff on-call rota this will include
occasional night work.
• To ensure there is always adequate cover on the staff rota and cover shift(s) where
• To ensure a safe and secure environment and maintain high standards of care for staff
and clients alike.
• To participate in service reviews and evaluations and to implement any changes arising
from such work.
• To ensure the maintenance of appropriate records and statistics by all staff and to ensure
management of the client database.
• To be responsible for the development, implementation and recording of practice
standards within the service in a manner that reflects the policy, procedure and ethos of
• To provide support and supervision to the staff team in general and nominated
• To ensure that student placements are supported and supervised as needed
• To monitor and support staff with their case management ensuring that all relevant
documentation is completed, and that links are being made with the appropriate internal
and external services, while ensuring that a consistently high standard of assessments,
care plans, key working and referrals are being carried out in line with the aims of the
• To assist in developing and delivering a relevant in-depth local induction programme for
each member of staff, which will complement the organisational Induction Programme
• To assess the training and development needs of the staff that you supervise and to input
to the annual training plan
• To assist in the recruitment of staff and volunteers in conjunction with the line manager
• To maintain appropriate staff records.
• To assist in the ongoing development of appropriate staffing structures and service
policies and procedures to enable a high-quality service delivery for clients.
3.0 The Buildings
• To ensure that Health and Safety standards are met within the service in accordance with
MQI’s health and safety policy and in accordance with the Safety Statement of the project
• To ensure that required building and work practice risk assessments are carried out and
the necessary corrective action/risk reduction action plans are put in place. To regularly
review these risk assessments with our health and safety team.
• To be responsible for ensuring the maintenance and repair of the equipment, furnishings
and fabric of the property to a high standard and initiating the necessary repairs that may
• Produce standard monthly and quarterly reports and to compile any ad hoc information
requests relating to your service area which might be required by any member of MQI.
• To assist in the development of full and part-time volunteers in the delivery of services to
• To oversee the supervision of volunteers as required.
6.0 Team Work
• To work as part of a team in adhering to Service Level Agreements with regular and
consistent communication; participating actively in all team meetings and supporting the
ethos of MQI.
• To encourage a creative approach to working within the team and to support the
development of a robust dynamic team
• To ensure that the team works to a high standard in carrying out its agreed brief and tasks
• To ensure that team meetings are arranged in addition to running team meetings and
• To implement service policy and procedures in conjunction with the team to ensure
appropriate service delivery. Ensure relevant policy and procedures are reviewed
• To ensure that policy decisions are carried through by all staff
• To ensure that an effective team approach is maintained
• To support the service through participation in the staff on-call rota. This may include
occasional night work.
• To ensure that appropriate paperwork is carried out that will ensure that statistics are
collated on a regular basis in conjunction with staff team.
• To carry financial duties and ensure appropriate financial controls and systems .
• To prepare all or part of the project monthly reports.
• To ensure that adequate record systems are developed and are maintained.
• To write reports on the aspects of the service where necessary.
8.0 General Responsibilities
• To communicate effectively in general.
• To ensure that Health and Safety standards are maintained in accordance with the H&S
Statement of MQI and to attend the H&S Committee Meetings,
• Manage the integration and delivery of all day to day operational functions of the services
• To be up to date on recent developments and best practice and quality standards in the
delivery of services to clients.
• In conjunction with your line manager to continuously develop the role to ensure that all
tasks are being undertaken in an effective and appropriate manner which meets the
strategic aims and objectives of Merchant’s Quay Ireland.
• To attend meetings when required.
• Ensure the CRM system or other IT systems and other filing systems are kept up to date
• To participate in internal/external meetings as required, and attend training events, and
other functions as necessary
• To become familiar with and ensure that all MQI’s policies and procedures are being
adhered to, particularly those relating to Health & Safety, HR, Confidentiality Boundaries
• To at all times undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high quality
standard of work and to always work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of
Merchant’s Quay Ireland
• To have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change,
development and review of best practice
• To provide support to the Fundraising Team in relation to any events being held in
Riverbank or in connection with Day Services
• To provide support across the spectrum of Day Services as required.
The ideal candidate for this post must have:
• A relevant 3rd level qualification in Social Care or related discipline
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a low threshold environment
• Minimum 2 years’ experience supervising and managing a team
• Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal, leadership and decision making skills
• Capacity to develop positive relationships with internal and external services and
• Required to demonstrate ability to work under pressure and in an environment where
clients have multiple complex needs and to demonstrate an understanding of the issues
relating to homelessness, mental health and substance misuse
• A positive ‘can do’ outlook.
• Ability to demonstrate strong communication skills
• Be open to learning and implementing new practices and attitudes
• Be capable of working under their own initiative
• Be driven to improve the service and innovate at every opportunity.
The working hours for this position are 39 hours per week Monday to Friday. These hours will
be worked between the hours of 8.00am – 6.00pm with a requirement to be available outside
of these hours subject to Service demands.
The salary scale: €39,279.45 – €48,079.45
Garda Vetting is a requirement for this role
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the application form attached
and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated copy of your CV before the closing date of 13th September 2022.
Please ensure to indicate put ‘Application for Homeless Services Coordinator Open Access ref
C0071’ in the subject line of your email.
Applications that do not state the role in the subject line of the email may fail to be shortlisted.
Management reserve the right to amend this job description at any time
MQI is an equal opportunities employer