Job Title: Lead Project Worker MQI Aftercare Service
Responsible to: The Executive Team through the Head of Operations and Service Delivery
Reports to: Aftercare Services Co-ordinator.
Objective: To effectively deliver services pertaining to the Supported Housing,
Aftercare Group and Day Programme services, and in doing so to uphold the
philosophy and working ethos of MQI.
• To assist with the induction, support and supervision provided to staff, CE, volunteers and
graduate / student placements at Aftercare as agreed with the Coordinator.
• To assist with monitoring and supporting staff around case management, ensuring that all
relevant documentation is completed, and that links are being made with the appropriate
internal and external services, while ensuring that a consistently high standard of care plans,
key working, assessments, and referrals are being carried out in line with the aims of the
• To assess the training and development needs of the staff that you supervise and to input to
the annual training plan as agreed with the Coordinator.
• To assist in the recruitment and interviewing of staff and volunteers in conjunction with the
line manager where appropriate
• To maintain appropriate staff records
• To work with the HR Department is dealing with any staff issues or other HR related issues.
• To assist the Coordinator in the ongoing development of appropriate staffing structures and
service policies and procedures to enable a high-quality service delivery for service users.
• To support the treatment programme through the facilitation of individual and group work
with residents where necessary and acting as Coordinator when required (for e.g. during
periods of absence / annual leave).
2.0 Service Delivery
• To regularly engage with and build a professional relationship with service users treating
them with dignity and respect in the process of meeting their needs and ensuring that the
policies, procedures and values of MQI are upheld.
• To ensure that clients are empowered in every facet of their lives, particularly in relation to
their treatment program and decision making at Aftercare. To involve service users in the
ongoing development of the service and to have their participation built into service plans.
• To support change management and service development initiatives. To participate in
service reviews and evaluations and to implement any changes arising from such work.
• To assist in the establishment and maintenance of relevant working relationships with
statutory and voluntary agencies operating nationally and in the local community to
optimise supports available to clients.
• To ensure that the practical needs of clients are met in relation to supporting people before
during and after treatment. This includes reviewing and maintaining phone / online contact
with clients, assessments, and care planning in consultation with the service users.
• To ensure that a high standard of service is provided, optimising client satisfaction and
resolving complaints within designated time frames.
• To work closely with the Coordinator in ensuring there is always adequate cover on the staff
rota and cover shift(s) where necessary.
3.0 The Buildings
• To ensure that Health and Safety standards are met within the service in accordance with
MQI’s health and safety policy and in accordance with the Safety Statement of the project
• To assist with ensuring that the required building and work practice risk assessments are
carried out and that necessary corrective action/risk reduction action plans are put in place.
To assist with regularly reviewing the risk assessments.
• To liaise with the Coordinator in ensuring that the maintenance and repair of the
equipment, furnishings, and fabric of the property to a high standard and initiating the
necessary repairs that may be required.
• To assist in the development of full and part-time volunteers in the delivery of services to
• To support the staff team in how to work with and support volunteer workers
• To provide and assist with the oversight of the supervision of volunteers.
5.0 Team Work
• To work as part of a team with regular and consistent communication participating actively
in all team meetings and supporting the ethos.
• To encourage an effective and creative approach to working within the team and to support
the development of a challenging, dynamic team
• To ensure that the team works to a high standard in carrying out its agreed brief and tasks
• To assist with ensuring that policy decisions are carried through by all staff.
• To assist with ensuring the maintenance of appropriate records of work and statistics by all
staff and to regularly monitor updating of the ‘Salesforce’, HRB and other IT and paper based systems by staff.
• To provide reports as needed by the Recovery Services management team.
• To assist the Aftercare Coordinator in producing standard monthly and quarterly reports for
the Executive to facilitate response to funding agencies and to compile any ad hoc
information requests relating to your service area which might be required by the Executive.
• To assist with carrying out financial duties and ensuring appropriate financial controls and
systems are maintained in consultation with the Finance Manager and Executive team.
7.0 General Responsibilities
• To communicate effectively in general and to maintain appropriate accountability to the
Aftercare Coordinator, Executive Team and Board of Management.
• To assist with managing the integration and delivery of all day-to-day operational functions
of the services.
• In conjunction with your line manager to continuously develop the role to ensure that all
tasks are being undertaken in an effective and appropriate manner which meets the
strategic aims and objectives of Merchant’s Quay Ireland.
• Reporting to the Aftercare Coordinator for individual support, supervision, performance
appraisal and working within the parameters of MQI policies and procedures.
• To participate in internal/external meetings as required, and attend training events, and
other functions as necessary
• At all times to undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high-quality
standard of work and to always work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of
Merchant’s Quay Ireland.
• To have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development
and review of best practice.
• To assist with any other duties which the Coordinator might reasonably request.
• Ability to demonstrate leadership & change management skills and the ability to
manage/supervise a team.
• Capacity to develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• A relevant 3rd level qualification (minimum QQI Level 7 or equivalent) e.g., social care,
addiction or mental health
• A minimum of 4 years relevant employed work experience in addiction, homelessness,
health, social care, mental health or related fields with experience in key working, case
management and group facilitation.
• An understanding of the client needs surrounding addiction, homelessness and mental health
and the challenges of managing a residential service setting.
• Experience of developing client pathways towards housing, training and employment.
• The ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal, leadership and decision-making skills.
• The ability to embrace change and to demonstrate a positive approach to problem solving
with a view to developing services to meet client needs.
• Capacity to develop constructive relationships with clients, management & team.
• Must be able to demonstrate proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
and a good knowledge CRM system for reporting purposes.
• Must be available to work overnights on ‘sleeping cover’ (typically one night weekly).
• There will be a requirement to cover ‘on-call’, covering one week in every 4 weeks.
Location: MQI Aftercare Service, St John Bosco Youth Service, Goldenbridge, Dublin 12
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 19.5 hours per week between 8.30am – 6pm, three days per week.
Salary Scale: €15,645p.a. minimum salary (pro-rata of €31,290 for full-time hours) plus Lead
Allowance of €2,250 p.a.(pro-rata of€4,500 p.a. for Full-Time hours) There is also an
additional weekly ‘on-call’ allowance of €226 per week, where applicable.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form attached to
this ad and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV attached, by 5pm on Wednesday,
31st August 2022. Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email
‘Application for Lead Project Worker Aftercare – Ref AC000722
Applications that do not have this title may fail to be shortlisted.
Management reserve the right to amend the job description as appropriate.
MQI is an equal opportunities employer.
What does Merchants Quay Ireland offer as an employer?
• Fulfilling and Challenging work
• Sick Pay Scheme (after 6 months)
• Minimum 11.5 days Annual Leave (pro-rata of 23 days for full-time hours)
• Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
• Death In Service (from commencement of employment)
• Line Management Supervision
• Learning and Development Programme
• Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
• Educational Assistance (Study and Examination Leave)
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Health & Wellness Programme