Merchants Quay Ireland wish to recruit a Rehabilitation and Aftercare worker as part of the existing MQI DATS (Drug & Alcohol Treatment Support) project operating across the Midland Region
Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate for this post will have:
- A relevant 3rd level qualification (minimum Level 7 or equivalent) e.g. social care, addiction. Motivational Interviewing (MI) or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) qualifications are a distinct advantage
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant employed work experience in addiction, community development, health & social care, Rehabilitation and after care or related fields
- Experience of key working, case management and group facilitation
- Familiarity with the National Drug Strategy (Reducing Harm, Supporting Recovery 2017-2025) and National Drug Rehabilitation Framework Document
- As this is a mobile post, candidates must have a full driver’s licence.
• In keeping with the National Drug Strategy, Reducing Harm and Supporting Recovery, deliver aftercare services which improve both recovery outcomes and relapse prevention.
• To oversee the support and supervision provided to volunteers and placements in the service
• To support and participate in all audits and/or evaluations
• To comply with all requirements in relation to all the appropriate paperwork for the service such as client files, accident reports, service user complaints, minutes of meetings etc.
• To communicate effectively and to maintain appropriate accountability to the Service Co-Ordinator/ Manager Day Services
• Keep up to date with developments in the Midlands region
• Attend and participate in relevant committees as advised by the Service Co-Ordinator
• In conjunction with the Service Co-Ordinator to continuously develop the role to ensure that all aspects of the service are managed effectively and in line with service requirements
• To become familiar with and ensure that all MQI’s policies and procedures are being adhered to particularly those relating to Health & Safety, HR, Confidentiality, Boundaries and staff code of conduct etc.
• Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Service Co-Ordinator/Manager Day Service and his/her nominee.
The objectives of the Rehabilitation and Aftercare include:
1. Establishing protocols and procedures for delivery of rehab and after care service in the midlands, that will enable the delivery of a range of community-based rehabilitation and aftercare supports targeting service users from the region including those exiting drug and/or alcohol treatment programmes or exiting prison. This service will include:
o Establishment of rehab and after care groups in the midlands
o Linking with the relevant statutory and voluntary agencies and key stakeholders, including the ETB and DSP,
o Introduction of case management service for clients that will support their recovery and link with their community
o Mechanisms to support the service user maintain recovery from substance abuse and prevent relapse and reintegrate into their community.
o Life skills development programmes for service users to enable them to regain their capacity for daily life from the impact of problem drug and /or alcohol use.
2. Ensuring the provision of appropriate psycho-social support for persons leaving drug and/or alcohol treatment services or released from prison or moving from one point on the continuum of care to another.
3. Ensuring that client care plan goals will focus on actions that will transition the client into community level training, employment, drug/alcohol treatment and family structures.
4. Agreeing and introducing KPIs in keeping with the National Drug Rehabilitation Framework, to ensure outcomes and impact of this post are tracked.
Contract: 2 Year Fixed Term
Salary: €30,360 – €37,800 per annum
Hours: 39 hours
Days: Monday to Friday
Location: Office base – Tullamore – this is a regional role covering Longford, Laois, Offaly and Westmeath
If you are interested in this exciting role, please send your CV and completed application form (find in attached) via email to email@example.com before 5pm Thursday 24th September 2020 putting in the subject box ‘Rehabilitation and Aftercare Worker’ ref: MID082001
- Management reserve the right to amend or change this job description as required.
- This Position is subject to Garda Clearance
- Merchants Quay Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
- The post is funded by HSE CADS (Community Alcohol & Drug Service) and the Midland Regional Drug & Alcohol Task Force