Job Title: Graduate Intern, High Park Residential
Reports to: Team Leader or Assigned Supervisor
Objective: To develop skills and knowledge in relation to carrying out the work at High Park
Residential according to an Individual Learning Goals Assessment. To effectively
deliver services pertaining to High Park and in doing so to uphold the philosophy
and working ethos of the Project.
Main Responsibilities include:
• To work directly with clients as part of a team, to provide a safe secure environment and to
respond appropriately to client’s needs.
• To engage with and build a professional and trusting relationship with clients treating them with
dignity and respect.
• To ensure that the needs of our clients are attended to with sensitivity and efficiency.
• To work with all clients and win their trust and respect and deal with difficult or problematic
situations in a sensitive manner within the framework of the organisations policies and record such
incidents as appropriate.
• Where possible to accompany clients to dental, hospital or doctor’s appointments etc.
• To work within the policies High Park in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and
quality standards are adhered to in a drug and alcohol-free environment.
• To comply with the Team Leader/assigned supervisor requirements in relation to all appropriate
paperwork and filing of data relevant to the facility and financial systems.
• To complete all administrative tasks and relevant form filling are completed appropriately in order
to ensure that the facility runs smoothly and effectively.
• To attend all training sessions, workshops and courses as advised by the Team Leader/assigned
supervisor or as required as part of the Graduate Intern Training Programme.
• To actively engage with your Supervisor regarding one’s own personal/professional development in
the context of being an effective Graduate Intern in High Park.
• To maintain a good relationship with external agencies on behalf of Merchants Quay Ireland.
• To undertake the tasks and duties assigned by the Team Leader/assigned supervisor.
• To perform as a team member supporting colleagues, participating in effective handovers and
being open to reasonable requests from the Team Leader/Service Manager in order to ensure
effective work relationships.
• To become familiar with and ensure that project boundaries and safety are maintained.
• Ensure compliance with organisation policies to ensure consistent delivery of service and
maintenance of quality standards.
• To assist with any other duties as required.
Management reserve the right to amend or change this job description as required.
This Position is subject to Garda Clearance
MQI – Grad Intern Application Form 2022 High Park