Job Title: Part Time Catering Assistant – OAS Sunday Service
Responsible to: The Head of Day Services through the Day Services Catering Lead
Responsible for: The direct delivery of food services to clients
Reports to: Chef / Catering Lead
Objective: To effectively deliver catering and services for our clients and
in doing so, to uphold the philosophy and working ethos of MQI.
Contract: CID part time – 7 hours per week.
• To serve the food and present it in such a manner that conveys respect for the clients accessing Riverbank services
• To ensure that the Supervisor is kept up to date as to stock levels so as to avoid any stocks running low/empty
• To maintain a clean environment and to thoroughly clean all surfaces daily and adhere to the weekly/monthly cleaning schedules.
• To regularly clean other appliances such as oven, freezer, microwave.
• Clean floors, work surfaces, furnishings and related equipment manually and by use of machine.
• To clean tables of any spillages as they happen and to dispose of uneaten food after the client leaves the table
• Prepare and present the food (hot food, sandwiches etc) within the remit of the Catering department.
• Comply with food hygiene/HACCAP regulations with regard to food service equipment cleaning and departmental cleanliness
• Maintain high personal hygiene standards
• To observe all Health and Safety policies especially Hygiene practices and to be involved in continual quality improvement in order to ensure that the hygiene levels of the kitchen and serving area are maintained at all times and in line with IS340.
• Adhere to manual handling/risk assessment/fire safety training
• Report faulty equipment
• Participate as a team member
• Store goods correctly and use stock on a rotational basis
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
• Previous experience of working in a similar environment
• Excellent people skills and the ability to work under pressure
• Previous catering experience and advantage
• Flexibility and punctuality
The management reserve the right to review and amend this document as appropriate.
Salary scale: €4,720.50 – €5,259 depending on experience (pro-rata of €26,300 – €29,300 pa for Full-time hours)
Contract: Part-Time Contract of Indefinite Duration
Hours: 7 hrs per week, Sunday payment is at the rate of time + 1/2
Location: Open Access Service, Merchants Quay, Dublin 8.
Shift: Shift pattern over 7.00am – 2.00pm
Closing Date: 5pm Friday 8th July 2022.
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the application form attached to this advertisement and send with an updated copy of your CV to email@example.com before the closing date of Friday the 8th of July 2022.
Please ensure to include ‘Application for Catering Assistant – OAS Ref -OAS 000122’ in the subject line of your email. Applications not labelled correctly may fail to be shortlisted.
GARDA VETTING IS A REQUIREMENT OF THIS ROLE
Merchants Quay Ireland is an equal opportunities employer