Part Time Project Worker/Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Service Co-ordinator
Objective: To work directly with clients as part of a team, provide a safe, secure environment for clients and effectively support the Service Coordinator and other Project Workers, in all aspects of administration within Midlands Services i.e. Longford, Westmeath, Laois & Offaly.
Hours: 19.5 hours per week.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that day to day operation of the service is run smoothly and in accordance with organisation procedure
• To meet the needs of the client group including, one to one key work interventions, assisting with issues around sensitive disclosures, delivering sanctions and assisting with referrals to those deemed suitable for interventions.
• To monitor showers and toilet area where necessary
• Work with all clients and win their trust and respect and deal with difficult or problematic situations in a sensitive manner within the framework of the organisation’s policies and record such incidents as appropriate.
• Carry out administrative procedures in accordance with organisation policies.
• To be involved in the preparation of reports, statistics and other information that may be required by the Open Access Head of Day Services/Day Services Manager/Service Coordinators
• To work effectively as a member of a team
• Stock Control – ordering, processing, monitoring, etc.
• To share responsibility for supporting volunteers
• Attend internal/external meetings and training as required by the Open Access Service Coordinators.
• Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
• To work as part of the team with regular and consistent communication participating actively in all team meetings and supporting the ethos.
• Engage with other team members, support colleagues, participate in meetings as required, and be open to reasonable requests from the Open Access Head of Day Services/Day Services Manager/Service Coordinators in order to ensure effective working relationships.
• Work within the policies of MQI, both organisation wide and project specific in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards are adhered to in the project.
• Share responsibility to work cohesively where applicable with CE Participants and Volunteers for the delivery of this service and to act as a mentor to those who are working/volunteering in the service
• Participate in regular supervision
• Reporting to the Service Coordinator for individual support, supervision, performance appraisal working within the parameters of the MQI Policies, the National Standards for Better Safer Healthcare, Rebuilding Ireland, HR and H&S policies and procedures
• Ensure compliance with organisation policies to ensure consistent delivery of services and maintenance of quality standards including:
o Health and Safety
o Needs assessment, key working, care planning
o the National Standards for Better Safer Healthcare and Rebuilding Ireland
• Undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Manage the internal and external postal system for the Services
• Maintain and store confidential client information both manually and electronically
• Answer telephone calls in a professional manner, taking messages and referring calls to the appropriate department where necessary
• Manage budgets and financial accounts for the service
• Write professional letters on behalf of Merchants Quay Ireland
• To comply with the services requirements in relation to all appropriate paperwork and filing of data relevant to the service; in particular intervention records and client care plans and files.
• To assist with ensuring that adequate records systems are developed and maintained
• To write reports on the aspects of the service where necessary.
• To assist with any other duties which Service Coordinator might reasonably request.
• To work as part of the team with regular and consistent communication.
• To participate actively in all team meetings and to be open to all reasonable requests from the Service Coordinator.
• To participate in regular supervision with Coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this post will have:
• Relevant third level, 7 or above qualification in social work and at least one-year full time or equivalent experience of working within low threshold services.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in administration and have good IT/Computer skills.
• Have an understanding of the issues relating to alcohol and drug use/homelessness and mental health, and experience of client work in these areas, and the interventions required
• Good Knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and practice regarding substance misuse.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills.
• Experience of Key working and care planning an advantage.
• Experience of working with clients with multiple needs.
• Experience of working with subject specific databases and reporting.
• Have a relevant and recognised qualification e.g ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) or equivalent.
• Experience in writing minutes and compiling reports.
• Good finance/accounting skills.
• Good Organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently or on own initiative.
• Be flexible to work within in a multi-sectoral team.
Salary: €15,645 – 19,920.00
Hours: 19.5 hours
Duration: Contract of Indefinite Duration
Days: Monday to Friday
Location: Open Access Services Tullamore.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form attached to this ad and email to
email@example.com with a copy of your up to date CV attached by 5pm, on the 14th of October 2022. Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Project Worker – Administrative Assistant ’ Applications that do not have this title may fail to be shortlisted.
Employment Application Form REVISED Feb 2021
Management reserve the right to amend or change this job description as required.
This Position is subject to Garda Clearance
Merchants Quay Ireland is an equal opportunities employer