MQI wishes to appoint 2 Fixed Term Project Worker to support our Open Access/Extended Day Services in Dublin. This role is available on a Full-time (39 hours a week) and a Part-time basis (19.5 hours a week) Monday – Sunday
Job Title: Full Time Project Worker – Open Access/Extended Day Services
Salary: €30,360 – New appointees will typically start at the minimum point of the scale. Incremental credit may be applied for recognised relevant experience in previous similar roles.
Duration: Fixed-Term Contract of 12 months duration, possibility of extension subject to funding
Responsible to: Head of Day Services/Day Services Manager
Responsible for: Contributing to the overall operation of the service and ensuring that it runs smoothly and in accordance with organisation procedure
Reports to: Service Coordinator
Objective: To work directly with clients as part of a team and to provide a safe, secure environment for clients.
Hours: 39 hrs per week shift rota 07.00am – 9.00pm Monday to Sunday
There are numerous service and client activities, which result in several different roles and responsibilities within the service, including outreach work. You will be required to undertake the relevant role that is assigned to you to meet MQI’s operational requirements.
- Ensure that operation of the service is run smoothly and in accordance with organisation procedure
- To meet the needs of the client group including, one to one key work interventions, assisting with issues around sensitive disclosures, delivering sanctions and assisting with referrals to those deemed suitable for interventions.
- To monitor showers and toilet area where necessary
- To engage in Outreach Work when required
- Work with all clients and win their trust and respect and deal with difficult or problematic situations in a sensitive manner within the framework of the organisation’s policies and record such incidents as appropriate.
- Carry out administrative procedures in accordance with organisation policies.
- To be involved in the preparation of reports, statistics and other information that may be required by the Open Access Head of Day Services/Day Services Manager/Service Coordinators
- To work effectively as a member of a team
- To share responsibility for supporting volunteers
- Attend internal/external meetings and training as required by the Open Access Service Coordinators.
- Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
- To work as part of the team with regular and consistent communication participating actively in all team meetings and supporting the ethos.
- Engage with other team members, support colleagues, participate in meetings as required, and be open to reasonable requests from the Open Access Head of Day Services/Day Services Manager/Service Coordinators in order to ensure effective working relationships.
- Work within the policies of MQI, both organisation wide and project specific in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards is adhered to in the project.
- Share responsibility to work cohesively where applicable with relief staff and Volunteers for the delivery of this service and to act as a mentor to those who are volunteering in the service
- Participate in regular supervision
- Reporting to the Service Coordinator/ Lead Project Worker for individual support, supervision, performance appraisal working within the parameters of the MQI Policies, the National Standards for Better Safer Healthcare, Rebuilding Ireland, HR and H&S policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with organisation policies to ensure consistent delivery of services and maintenance of quality standards including: Fire, health and safety, Confidentiality, Needs assessment, Key Working and care planning, boundaries, National Standard for Better, Safer Healthcare and Rebuilding Ireland
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The ideal candidate for this post will have:
- Relevant QQI third level 7 or above qualification in social Care and at least 1 year’s full time or equivalent experience of working within low threshold services.
- Have an understanding of the issues relating to alcohol and drug use/homelessness and mental health, and experience of client work in these areas, and the interventions required
- Good Knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and practice regarding homelessness and/or drug use.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of Key working and care planning an advantage
- Experience of working with clients with multiple needs
- Experience of working with homeless specific databases and reporting.
Management reserves the right to amend or change this job description as required
What does Merchants Quay Ireland offer as an employer?
- Fulfilling and Challenging work
- Competitive Salaries
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Minimum 23 days Annual Leave
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months)
- Death In Service (from commencement of employment)
- Line Management Supervision
- Learning and Development Programme
- Group VHI Scheme
- Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Parental, Adoptive, Force Majeure and Compassionate Leave)
- Educational Assistance (Study and Examination Leave, Scholarship Foundation)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Health & Wellness Programme
The working hours for this position will be between 7am and 9.00pm, 39 hours per week Monday to Sunday.
Location: Open Access Service, Merchants Quay, Dublin 8
Closing date: Monday 7th March 2022
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form attached to this advertisement and send with an updated copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 7th March 2022
Please ensure to include ‘Application for Full Time, Fixed-Term Project Worker in OAS’ in the subject line of your email.
Applications not labelled correctly may fail to be shortlisted.
MQI is an equal opportunities employer. All roles within MQI are subject to Garda Vetting