Merchants Quay Ireland is currently looking for Volunteer Catering Assistants, especially on SUNDAY Mornings
The Volunteer Homeless Service Assistant will support the Catering team in attending to Riverbank clients who come to the centre for meals and other supports related to homeless, health and/or addiction matters.
The role involves working in the Kitchen and on the drop in floor and interacting with clients, creating a welcoming and safe environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean crockery, cutlery, utensils, containers and small scale equipment manually.
- Clean floors, work surfaces, furnishings and related equipment manually and by use of machine.
- Prepare and distribute tea and coffee as required by clients
- Comply with food hygiene regulations with regard to food service equipment cleaning and departmental cleanliness.
- Maintain high personal hygiene standards.
- Comply with Health and Safety regulations.
- Adhere to HACCAP and all other necessary training.
- Report faulty equipment, any observed Health and safety issues
- Participate as a team member.
- Store goods correctly and use stock on a rotational basis.
- Participate and carry out any additional duties as required by your line manager.
- Help fulfil Merchants Quay Irelands aims and objectives
- Perform volunteer duties to the best of one’s ability
- Adhere to the signed volunteer agreement
- Develop working relationships with clients
- Help in maintaining a safe and welcoming environment
- Assisting in day to day running of service
- Attend organisation meeting as requested by your supervisor
- Attend support and supervision session
- Comply with all administration, filing and paperwork requirements in the service
- Adhere to the organisations boundaries and confidentiality policy
- Adhere to the organisations Code of Conduct
- Reliable, friendly and non-judgemental with a willingness to get involved and help out
- An interest in catering or previous work experience in a kitchen environment an advantage but not essential
- All volunteers will require to seek Garda clearance through MQI for this position
- Volunteers are required to produce two references
- If required, HACCAP training will be offered by MQI
Merchants Quay Ireland Open Access Centre Riverbank, 13-14 Merchants Quay, Dublin 8. Merchants Quay Ireland provide financial assistance to cover public transport travel costs incurred travelling to and from the service.
Flexible, between 10am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am-1pm Sundays.
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the application form attached below and send with an updated copy of your CV to email@example.com. Please do include ‘Application for Catering Volunteer ’ in the subject line of your email. PLEASE INDICATE ON THE APPLICATION FORM WHICH DAY/DAYS YOU ARE AVAILABLE TO VOLUNTEER, PLEASE.