Volunteers – Sundays
MQI are currently looking for Volunteers to join our team and provide support to staff and clients. (Sunday availability).
- Undertake an active role in the centre with the support and supervision of MQI staff members. The role involves monitoring client behaviour, interacting with clients and ensuring the busy flow of the centre is maintained.
- Develop working relationships with clients and be involved in promoting health & needle exchange programmes
- Provide information to clients and assist in meal service.
- Comply with all administration, filing and paperwork requirements.
- Engage in group supervision sessions on a regular basis.
- Participate in relevant training and development courses as required.
- Be vigilant of Health & Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of the Line Manager or H&S representative.
- Undertake other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with the Drop-In Service Coordinator/Lead.
- Work within the framework of MQI’s overall objectives.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. Social Care, Psychology, Social sciences, Community work.
- Knowledge of the services available to people who are experiencing homelessness.
- Experience of working in a similar voluntary role
- Committed to the highest level of service provision
- Good awareness of health & safety procedures
- Proficiency in I.T. (email and Word)
- Respect for others
- Fluent English speaker
- Former clients of MQI must be a minimum of 2 years out of the service