Homeless Day Services
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we are currently unable to bring people safely into our building for food and needle exchange. Instead, we are providing take-out food service between 8.00am and 2.00pm and 3.00pm and 9.00pm, and take-out harm reduction services from 8.00am to 8.30pm at the door of our Riverbank building. We continue to operate a full GP and nursing service.
Take Away Food Service
Monday – Friday: 8am – 2pm, 3pm – 8.30pm
Sunday: 9am – 2pm
Take Away Harm Reduction
Monday – Friday: 8am – 8.30pm
Sunday: 9am – 2pm
GP and Nurse
GP: Monday – Friday: 2.00pm – 4.30pm
Nurse: Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm
For a detailed timetable of all our other services, please click here.
Merchants Quay Ireland’s Riverbank Centre provides a seven day a week meal service, primary health care and drug-related services for people who are homeless or in need.
Please note that some of these services have been temporarily suspended as we reconfigure the service in line with HSE guidelines.
Our homeless day service offers:
- Hot showers
- Free food – breakfast, lunch and evening meals
- Advice and information on what services are available and how best to access these services
- Healthcare service including a doctor, nurse, consultant-led clinic, chiropodist, dentist, counsellor, acupuncturist and mental health team.
- Case management service
- Dedicated Young Person Support Worker for young people aged 18 – 25
- Art therapy
- Hairdresser for men and women
- Veterinary Clinic every second Friday
Who can use this service?
Adults who are homeless, struggling with addiction or in need of support are welcome to drop in to our Riverbank Centre without an appointment.
How can I access this service?
You can access this service by dropping by the Riverbank centre at the following times:
Extended Day Service (EDS)
Monday – Friday: 4.00pm – 9.00pm