How to Fundraise
Without people like you, we wouldn’t be able to make a positive impact on Ireland’s hungry and homeless. There’s a million and one ways that you can fundraise for Merchants Quay. Some great ideas we’ve had over the years include organising a coffee morning. There’s nothing like getting everyone together over a nice cuppa and some cake! We may not be able to do this face to face but we do what we can virtually!
There are loads of ways to get involved to suppoort Merchants Quay Ireland by taking part in the some of the virtual events we have listed, or maybe take part in some of the virtual marathons such as the KBC Run Your Town challenge or keep training virtual for the Women’s Mini Marathon when the new date is announced!
For more tips and advise have a look through our fundraising guide
You can also create your own Just Giving page to raise funds, this is an online fundraising platform often used by those taking part in events such as marathons. You can add photos and videos of your progess and keep connected to your supporters. Have a look at their help page for tips and advice on how to get the most from your JustGiving page.
If you are on Facebook, you can set up a fundraiser to mark a specific event, the most popular of these is a Birthday Fundraiser where you can ask your friends to donate to MQI as a meaningful gift. Both JustGiving and Facebook are a safe and easy way to fundraise and the funds will transfer to us automatically. For more help with facebook fundraisers please see their help section.
Some useful tips for organising your own event:
- Get a group of friends who can operate as the ‘organising committee’ unfortunately this has to be virtual and socially distanced to ensure safety for all, but it can still be lots of fun!
- Decide what you want your event to be – for more ideas see our virtual events page for ideas
- Set a budget and goals
- Contact our fundraising team at email@example.com for some useful tips on making your event a great success
- Develop a plan of action
- Think about any challenges you might have and have plans to combat these
- Make sure your event is detailed as it can be! You might take a donation for your virtual coffee morning or maybe if you have a virtual raffle you can have a price per tickets sold!
- After your event is over, make sure to plan out how you are going to look after the money you raised. And always, always, always, make sure to thank everyone that helped you out. A phone call or a nice message is always a good touch.
Once your event had concluded please get in touch and let us know how you are sending this into us so we can keep an eye out.
How to send funds raised
EFT – Bank transfer
Transfer funds to our bank account via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Be sure to include your Name in the narrative so we know its from you!
AIB Dame Street, Dame Street, Dublin 2
Account Name MERCHANTS QUAY IRELAND IBAN: IE17AIBK93120911874125 Swift BIC AIBKIE2D
Cheque or Postal
You can also send a cheque or postal order in the post to
Merchants Quay Ireland PO Box 11958 Dublin 8
Again, please ensure that you include name and address are included so we know who its from
If you wish to make a payment for the funds raised with your credit or debit card please phone us on 015240139 alternatively you can also use our donation page to send funds, just be sure to include a note to say that you raised funds and contact details so we can give you a well deserved thank you!
Have fun, Stay safe and thank you for supporting the work of MQI!
Keep up to date
Receive our news & events. We’ll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise