Merchants Quay Ireland are seeking a Donor Care Administrator foe a 3 month contract to cover the Christmas period. The purpose of this role is to deliver outstanding donor care to the MQI supporters and efficient and conscientious administrative support to the fundraising department to help grow our fundraising income.
Salary: €23,782.90 per annum pro rata
Contract: 3 months Specified Purpose Contract (Cover Christmas Period)
Hours: 39 hours per week
Location: Fundraising & Communications Dept, Head office, Merchants Quay.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To act as the first point of contact for incoming fundraising enquiries and activities, meeting and greeting visitors and donors who come to our office and those who prefer to phone us.
- Provide fantastic service to MQI supporters on the phone, in person and in writing. To handle enquiries, requests, donations and complaints from supporters in a prompt, efficient and thoughtful manner, within agreed timescales.
- To enter data onto our database and maintain accurate records of donations, donors’ personal information any other data relating to fundraising.
- Manage the processing, thanking and receipting for all donor income, within agreed timescales and in line with strict procedures.
- To identify and manage other opportunities for generating income for the fundraising department.
- To undertake other administrative activities for the fundraising departments as required – E.g. Welcome Packs, PO system, DM returns.
- Work to increase the lifetime value of MQI supporters by helping them understand our work and the importance of their continued support in changing lives.
- Support other members of the Fundraising Team on marketing campaigns, donor appeals and community fundraising initiatives as required.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Fundraising & Communications, or their nominee.
- Flexibility in working hours is required. For donor events held occasionally during evenings or weekends a time-in-lieu policy is operated.
The ideal candidate will have:
- One year’s experience in a public-facing and/or administrative role.
- Excellent customer service skills on telephone, in writing and in person
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with a proven ability to multi-task and prioritise time and resources.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent numeracy
- Excellent and engaging written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships with supporters.
- Proficiency in all MS Office Skills, especially Excel and Word.
- Proven ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Education to Degree level or equivalent is desirable.
- Collaborative, enthusiastic and positive attitude; flexible and adaptable
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form attached to this ad and email to email@example.com with a copy of your up to date CV attached by 5pm on Friday 1st October. Please ensure to include the following reference and title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Donor Care Administrator – Specified Purpose’
Applications that do not have this title may fail to be shortlisted. MQI Application form