Drug & Alcohol Project Worker (Midlands Service)
Objective: To effectively deliver services pertaining to the Provision of a Community based Drug & Alcohol treatment support, family support, harm reduction, rehabilitation and aftercare service for individuals over 18 years and their families for the Midlands area – Laois & Offaly
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Have a relevant qualification (minimum QQI Third Level 7 or equivalent) e.g. social care, addiction, nursing, community or youth work together with qualification/training in Motivational Interviewing (MI), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Relapse Prevention.
- Have a minimum of 2 years relevant employed work experience in addiction, community development, health & social care, education or related fields including experience of crisis support, key working, case management and group facilitation
- Have an understanding of the current National Drugs Strategy, Substance Misuse Strategy, National Drug Rehabilitation Framework, logic model reporting, QUADS and/or Safer Better Healthcare (SBHC) Standards
- Additional Training Desirable: CRA/CRAFT
- Access to own transport with a full clean driver’s licence is required for this role.
- To oversee the support and supervision provided to volunteers and placements in the Midlands service.
- To work with the HR Department in relation to all HR processes including recruitment, performance management, disciplinary processes etc.
- Comply with all verification visits by funding agencies
- To support and participate in all audits and/or evaluations
- To comply with all requirements in relation to all the appropriate paperwork for the service such as client files, accident reports, service user complaints, minutes of meetings etc.
- To communicate effectively and to maintain appropriate accountability to the Service Co-Ordinator/ Head of Day Service
- Keep up to date with developments in the midland region
- Attend and participate in relevant committees as advised by the Service Co-Ordinator
- In conjunction with the Service Co-Ordinator to continuously develop the role to ensure that all aspects of the service are managed effectively and in line with service requirements
- To become familiar with and ensure that all MQI’s policies and procedures are being adhered to particularly those relating to Health & Safety, HR, Confidentiality, Boundaries and staff code of conduct etc.
- Compile and report on complaints and compliments received as required
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Service Co-Ordinator/Head of Day Service and his/her nominee.
Salary: €30,360 – €37,800 per annum
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
Hours: 39 hours
Days: Monday to Friday
If you are interested in this exciting role, please send your CV and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Tuesday 30th September 2019 putting in the subject box ‘Drugs and Alcohol Project Worker – Offaly & Portlaoise – Reference No: MID121822