Some useful tips for organising your own event:
- Get a group of friends who can operate as the ‘organising committee’ unfortunately this has to be virtual and socially distanced to ensure safety for all, but it can still be lots of fun!
- Decide what you want your event to be – for more ideas see our virtual events page for ideas
- Set a budget and goals
- Contact our fundraising team at email@example.com for some useful tips on making your event a great success
- Develop a plan of action
- Think about any challenges you might have and have plans to combat these
- Make sure your event is detailed as it can be! You might take a donation for your virtual coffee morning or maybe if you have a virtual raffle you can have a price per tickets sold!
- After your event is over, make sure to plan out how you are going to look after the money you raised. And always, always, always, make sure to thank everyone that helped you out. A phone call or a nice message is always a good touch.
You can also look through our fundraising guide for more inspiration and further information about the work of Merchants Quay Ireland and how your support helps!
Once your event had concluded please see our how to send funds section and keep in touch and let us know how you are sending this into us so we can keep an eye out.
Keep up to date
Receive our news & events. We’ll never share your email address and you can opt out at any time, we promise