Terms & Conditions
Use of the website is provided by Merchants Quay Ireland (MQI) subject to the following terms and conditions. These terms also contain specific terms governing any job applications made via the site. All applicants should review these Terms in full before submitting their applications.
- By using this website, you accept the terms and conditions. They are effective from your first visit.
- Merchants Quay Ireland (MQI) may change these terms and conditions from time to time. Your use of the website indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions at the time of use.
- MQI reserves the right to change the content of the website at any time.
- MQI has taken every precaution to make sure the content of this website is accurate and legally correct at the time of appearance. If you believe the content of any of our pages is inaccurate, email email@example.com.
- MQI accepts no liability for loss or damage, including personal injury, resulting from use of this website. MQI makes all reasonable efforts to ensure malware or viruses are not transmitted from this website, but this cannot be guaranteed. We recommend that you safeguard your IT equipment before downloading information and files. MQI will not accept liability for damage caused by viruses.
- When we provide links to other websites it does not mean that we approve of or endorse the views and information contained within them. We accept no liability for damage caused by malware or viruses on websites we have linked to.
- Please request permission before using our logos or other branded material. We reserve the right to require our logo to be removed from websites or printed material if it is not in our interests.
- Our downloadable documents, brochures and web pages are provided for your use. You may copy or print the information for private purposes, including teaching. You may not amend the content or use it for commercial purposes without MQIs’ written consent.
- Images and photos used on this website are the property of MQI or other copyright owners. They may not be reproduced or used without MQIs’ or the copyright owner’s written consent.
- Any communication or material that you transmit, or post on, any public area of this site including data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. We reserve the right to remove without notice any material posted in any public area of this site or MQI’s social media channels.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland, any disputes shall be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
Specific Terms relating to job applicants
This section sets out the Terms and Conditions for job applicants who are considering making an application to MQI via this website. Our Privacy Statement covers general data protection issues for people using www.mqi.ie and should be read in conjunction with these Terms.
- The information that you submit through this website will be used to assess your suitability for employment with MQI, human resources administration and training purposes.
- All job applications sent through this website are sent directly to the HR department in MQI Head Office.
- The HR department will control the personal information that you submit in your application and take responsibility for the protection of that information.
- MQI has appropriate security procedures in place and will endeavour to protect your data at all times. Personal information submitted as part of a job application with MQI will not be shared with third parties without your consent.
- MQI may keep your information for a reasonable period in accordance with relevant legislation if your application is unsuccessful. If you wish you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold on to you in order to correct any inaccuracies. You may inform us of any changes in your personal information, and in accordance with our obligations under data protection legislation, we will update or delete your personal information accordingly.
- By submitting an application form and/or CV to MQI via this website, you thereby certify that you have not knowingly withheld any information that might adversely affect your chances for employment and that the information you have provided is, to the best of your knowledge, true, complete and accurate.
- You further certify that you have personally completed any application submitted in your name.
- You understand that any omission or misstatement of material fact on any application or on any document used to secure employment shall be grounds for rejection of such application or for immediate discharge if you are employed, regardless of the time elapsed before discovery.
- MQI does not guarantee the availability of any job advertised on our website and will not be responsible should MQI have filled a vacancy at any time prior to the removal of the advertisement from our website www.mqi.ie.