St. Francis Farm Residential Rehabilitation
St. Francis Farm is a Therapeutic Rehabilitation Community. St. Francis Farm rehab is located on a working farm in Co. Carlow. The centre offers a 14-week drug-free residential programme. The programme aims to provide clients with rehab in a rural setting and helps to support them in addressing their addiction.
Our programme offers:
- Individual care planning
- One-to-one counselling, group therapy and relapse prevention
- Holistic therapies and spirituality groups
- Educational and personal development
- SMART Recovery groups
- Work experience in animal care and general farming
- Recreational activities
- Onward referral to aftercare services
“The St. Francis Farm programme has given me the chance to work on my addiction and to live a more productive life. Working on the farm was an important part of this improvement of self-esteem, creativity and healing”- 30 year old female engaged in full-time employment.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the contact details of St. Francis Farm Rehabilitation?
For referrals & further information please call (059) 9151369 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I apply for the St. Francis Farm residential rehabilitation programme?
You can contact St. Francis Farm Rehab yourself or a referral can be made through another agency for you. At this point, our staff will ask you to share basic information about yourself and the nature of your addiction. This is also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you might have about the programme. After the initial contact, we will aim to complete a detailed assessment interview within two weeks.
At the assessment interview, our staff will explore your care needs to make sure St. Francis Farm is the best option for you at this time. The interview is also used to confirm that you meet our admission criteria. At this point, we may need to request additional reports to support your application. These reports could be from your doctor, counsellor, key worker or probation officer and we require them to help put the best possible care plan in place for you.
How long will I be waiting for a bed?
What is the Admission Criteria?
- You must 18 years of age or over.
- You must be at least one-week drug/alcohol-free prior to admission. The service advises clients who use cannabis to reduce their cannabis consumption in the weeks preceding admission. Exact goals will be set around this at assessment. However, given the length of time that it takes cannabis to leave the system, a positive urine result will not prevent a client from being admitted to the unit.
- Your GP and/or psychiatrist may need to provide up-to-date reports for clients presenting with complex mental health/medical conditions. This can include histories of self-harm and suicidal ideation or attempts. We may also ask Probation officers/Solicitors to provide information on previous/pending court cases and convictions for arson, weapons, sexual and violent offences.
Do I have to pay for the St. Francis Farm Residential Programme?
All clients are asked to contribute a maximum of €120 weekly to the cost of rehabilitation. If you are unable to pay this will not prohibit you from attending the programme.
Will I have my own room?
Yes, each client will be given their own room. Bed linen and towels are provided but if you prefer you can bring your own. All rooms are ensuite.
Can I phone friends and family while I’m on the programme?
Yes, for the first two weeks of the programme clients can make two 10 minute personal calls, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. From week three, you can make up to four calls per week, with the two extra calls made between Monday and Friday.
You are unable to receive personal calls or have mobile phones. There is no limit on the number of letters you can write or receive while on the programme.
Can people visit me during the programme?
At present due to COVID visits have been suspended, however we do facilitate regular videocalls to friends and family.
Do I have to stop smoking?
No, that is not part of the criteria to enter this programme. If you would like help to stop smoking staff will assist you.
Can I leave St. Francis Farm Rehab unaccompanied at any stage during the programme?
Yes, after eight weekends on the programme you can request a Saturday or Sunday day out from the programme unaccompanied. After ten weekends on the programme, you can request a weekend overnight.
MQI Residential Detox & Rehab Centre
St. Francis Farm, Tullow, Co.Carlow
Phone: 059 915 2764