Merchants Quay Ireland launches Annual Review 2018
Merchants Quay Ireland (MQI) is delighted to announce that our Annual Review was launched by Minister for Health Simon Harris TD on 24th October 2019.
MQI’s Annual Review shows that in 2018:
- 11,301 people accessed MQI services, a 9% increase on the previous year.
- MQI’s emergency shelter saw 2,129 people, an 11% increase on the previous year.
- MQI’s Riverbank Centre provided 102,658 meals to people who were homeless and hungry.
- There were 3,329 visits to the MQI’s nursing team, more than double the previous year’s number.
- There was a 6% increase in clients using MQI’s health promotion unit to minimise risk of drug use and access pathways into treatment.
- 169 people were provided accessible treatment through MQI’s detox and rehab services.
The Review launch took place in Smock Alley, where we also hosted a preview of ‘The Lived Experience of Addiction’, an upcoming exhibition that gives a voice to the experience of addiction. This project was expertly facilitated by Dr. Maria Quinlan and Patrick Bolger and will be formally launched in spring 2020.
Speakers at the launch event included Minister for Health Simon Harris TD, MQI CEO Paula Byrne, Chairman of the MQI Board Mick Price and Dr Maria Quinlan.
For photos of the event, take a look at the slider below.