MQI are delighted to announce that our 2017 Annual Review has been launched. Our Annual Review was launched by Minister of State for Health Promotion and the National Drugs Strategy Catherine Byrne. This was also a special occasion as we celebrated the immense contribution our CEO Tony Geoghegan, who is retiring later this year, has made to MQI in the last 30 years. Some of the statistics in the review showed:
- MQI provided 13,301 supportive interventions, helping people to access healthcare, accommodation, drug treatment, training, and welfare supports.
- There continued to be a significant increase in the number of people accessing MQI’s healthcare services, with the total almost doubling in two years.
- 2,583 people attended MQI’s Health Promotion Unit in 2017, helping minimise harm to active drug users.
- Almost 2,000 people used emergency shelter at MQI’s Night Café.
- 170 people went through MQI’s detox and rehabilitation services.