Job Title: Project Worker / Administrator Role
Responsible to: The Executive through the St Francis Farm (SFF) Detox Clinical Nurse Manager
Responsible for: The direct delivery of services to SFF Detox service clients
Reports to: St Francis Farm (SFF) Detox Clinical Nurse Manager
Objective: To effectively deliver care & administration support to clients of St Francis Farm, and in doing so to uphold the philosophy and working ethos of MQI.
• To contribute to the day-to-day operations of the service so it runs smoothly in accordance with organisation and service policies and procedures.
• To work as part of the team with regular and consistent communication.
• To participate actively in all team meetings and to be open to all reasonable requests from the Detox Clinical Nurse Manager.
• Work within the policies of MQI, both organisation wide and project specific to ensure consistent delivery and quality standards are adhered to.
• To provide continuity and support for students, part time and voluntary workers.
• To work as part of a team and actively encourage this ethos among the workers.
• To work with the Detox Clinical Nurse Manager and the team in the assessment and identification of client needs.
• To act in a ‘key worker’ capacity with designated clients in accordance with structures agreed with the Detox Clinical Nurse Manager.
• Transporting and accompanying clients by car to bank / Post Office / appointments as they arise.
• To support the treatment programme through the facilitation of administration, care planning, group work and educational workshops.
• To ensure that the needs of our clients are attended to with sensitivity and efficiency.
• To develop individual care plans for clients.
• To support the residential nature of the programme through participation in the staff rota.
• To be up to date and aware of good practices and procedures in the delivery of services to our clients, with particular reference to residential services.
• Facilitating clients to access local services such as medical, welfare, banking and advocating on their behalf.
• To liaise with internal and external agencies in identifying client progression pathways.
• To support the management of the waiting list for residential treatment.
• To comply with the Detox Clinical Nurse Managers’ requirements in relation to all appropriate paperwork and filing of data relevant to the service; in particular client finances, day books, intervention records and client care plans and files.
• To sit with clients each week regarding their finances and welfare needs.
• To feed into the preparation of reports, statistics and other information that may be required.
• To ensure that all relevant client records are logged on MQI’s IT Treatment Outcome Monitoring & Information System (TOMIS)
• To be observant, proactive and comply with MQI’s requirements in relation to Health & Safety protocols.
• To attend all training sessions, workshops and courses as advised by the Detox Clinical Nurse Manager.
• To support and facilitate the transference of learning to workers, trainees, students, and volunteers involved in the service.
• To actively engage with your supervisor regarding one’s own personal/ professional needs in the context of being an effective worker on the Project.
• To maintain good relationships with external agencies and stakeholders on behalf of the service.
• To be up to date and aware of best practice and procedures in relation to Health and Safety in the workplace.
• To become familiar with and ensure that all MQI’s policies and procedures are being adhered to, particularly those relating to Health & Safety, HR, Confidentiality, Boundaries and Staff Code of Ethics.
• To have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
• To assist with any other duties which Detox CNM and Senior Project worker might reasonably request.
• One years’ experience in a paid full-time capacity, or equivalent part time, in an addiction service or similar setting or equivalent part time.
• A relevant third level 7 or above qualification in social care.
• Experience of working in a residential setting an advantage.
• An excellent understanding of issues relating to problem drug use/homelessness including mental health concerns and progression pathways towards, housing, training and work.
• Capacity to develop constructive relationships with clients, staff team and internal/external stakeholders.
• Capacity to work on own initiative and as part of team.
• Capacity to develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Must be able to demonstrate proficient IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and a good knowledge CRM system for reporting purposes.
• Experience and skills in the referral process and assessment of clients with addiction and associated needs.
• A full driving licence is essential.
Location: St Francis Farm Detox Centre, Tullow, Co Carlow.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 21 hours per week (Mon – Sun 09.00- 21.00) There may be an overnight opportunity in the future as per future service needs
Salary Scale: €16,347.70 pa (pro-rata of full-time hours €30,360 plus overnight shift allowance (if applicable) and additional overnight hourly rate.
What does Merchants Quay Ireland offer as an employer?
• Fulfilling and Challenging work
• Sick Pay Scheme (after 6 months of Probation)
• Minimum 23 days Annual Leave plus 1 Good Will Day (pro-rata for Part-Time contract)
• Defined Contribution Pension Scheme (after 6 months, plus Death in Service benefit)
• Line Management Supervision
• Learning and Development Programme
• Paid Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity, Adoptive and Compassionate Leave)
• Educational Assistance (Study and Examination Leave)
• Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
• Health & Wellness Programme
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form attached to this ad and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your up-to-date CV attached by 5pm on Monday 13th June, 2022. Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Part-Time Project Worker- Administrator – SFF Detox ref: SFFD000322’ Applications that do not have this title may fail to be shortlisted.
This position is subject to Garda clearance.
MQI is an equal opportunities employer.